Code of Conduct

Post What makes Tabarome-CREED devine ?

Helo all,
    this is my first thread I am posting on Basenotes...
    I would like some advice from all you people out there who are familiar with Creed, and especially 'Tabarome'. Tabarome is my ultimate favourite! It does amazing things to me when I wear it..I cannot describe it.

I would like to ask whether its just me, or if you have had similar experiences with Tabarome from CREED ?

Harry_D

Default Re: What makes Tabarome-CREED devine ?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Daz
    Helo all,
    this is my first thread I am posting on Basenotes...
    I would like some advice from all you people out there who are familiar with Creed, and especially 'Tabarome'. Tabarome is my ultimate favourite! It does amazing things to me when I wear it..I cannot describe it.

I would like to ask whether its just me, or if you have had similar experiences with Tabarome from CREED ?

Harry_D
    Well, I have those same feelings about Vintage Tabarome, and it is proving to be incredibly difficult to find. As for Tabarome, I like it but doesn't move me like Vintage does.

Welcome to the site.

Hi Marc,

I haven't tried Vintage Tabarome yet, don't even know how to find this one. Can you describe what this one is like, and hoe it differs from the 'normal' Tabarome ? ... I will try very hard to imagine what you are describing...

Thanks !!
    Harry

New Tabarome is good - but Vintage Tabarome is amazing.

Unfortunately, as already stated, its expensive and hard to find. Its one of the Creed flacons that I would love to invest in (the others being Bois De Santal, Selection Verte, and Royal Scottish Lavender).
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Daz
    Hi Marc,

I haven't tried Vintage Tabarome yet, don't even know how to find this one. Can you describe what this one is like, and hoe it differs from the 'normal' Tabarome ? ... I will try very hard to imagine what you are describing...

Thanks !!
    Harry
    Upon initial application, Vintage exudes an uplifting and pleasant aura. It must be the green tea with some mint or lavender. A few seconds later, an exquisite tobacco note joins in. The tobacco is never heavy or overbearing, and never mutes the other notes. Instead, it flows alongside the pleasantly uplifting top notes to make this an extremely wearable and classy tobacco fragrance.

Comparisons to "New" Tabarome: New Tabarome contains a prominent combo of ginger and tobacco. Compared to the Vintage formula, New Tabarome, while good, smells more brash and less crisp. If you want your tobacco well mixed and uplifting, Vintage is for you. For a dominant tobacco note (with some equally heady ginger), "New" might be the way to go.
    -

Harry, I am not good at all at describing notes but new tabarome has ginger and is smooth and warm and a bit sweet. Now take the sweetness out and pour on strong cigar smoke and you have vintage. It is the most masculine fragrance I have ever tried. But I'm sure someone will post a better description.

ZZ, I would definitely be up for splitting a flacon of VT. I just wish scentiments would either get one in or take it off their inventory. The next best price I have seen was on ebay. But let me know if you ever want to split some VT, I would be in.

Haven't tried Vintage but the new Taberone is average at best. The initial blast smells of rubbing alcohol laced with ginger. It does get better but not good enough for my tastes.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

New and old tabaromes are quite different, not similar scents at all.

The new one is built around tobacco leaf with ginger and green tea. It is very warm and quite punchy and to me carries some authority and a little formality. It feels good in a suit.

Vintage is much more serious and heavy duty. Its tobacco is quite different, much darker, slightly smokey, more "leathery". Powerhouse is a good word for it. To me is a much cooler, more distant smell, slightly medicinal.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews