Code of Conduct

Thread: Euphoria Men

Thumbs down Euphoria Men

Tried the ne CK Euphoria this week-end at Macy's. What a disappointment. Another boring "safe" ADG, Nautica, etc. clone. What an opportunity CK has blown to do something stellar. It's not a bad fragrance, it just smells like everything else that comes out. Come on fragrance companies, where is the originality? Give us some excitement. Something revolutionary.

Default Re: Euphoria Men

Quote Originally Posted by ObsessionForMen
    Tried the ne CK Euphoria this week-end at Macy's. What a disappointment. Another boring "safe" ADG, Nautica, etc. clone. What an opportunity CK has blown to do something stellar. It's not a bad fragrance, it just smells like everything else that comes out. Come on fragrance companies, where is the originality? Give us some excitement. Something revolutionary.
    Second that !! tried it today..what a disappointement..but I think ADG was - is still original...
    But YES, where is the originality...Do we have to go every time back to the eighties to get someting original ????

hoo... what a shame,. all that i read about the new euphoria men, is disappointement.. but why?

sure ill try it, and maybe in the next weeks will be in stores...i have great expectations but with all those opinions, i dont feel so excited about euphoria..

anyway.... did u try the new 212 sexy ? sure this stuff will be a hit in next months..

I tried it, too, and also at Macy's... they were hawking this and Gaultierē like crazy.

Given how good the women's one is, I expected more from this. Basically, Euphoria Men is Acqua di Gio with the teeniest bit of spice added.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I tried it today on my hand. Too similar to Escape, which of course is on the way out. On my skin it just smelled of chemicals.

Bad fragance in my opinion.

I agree. Euphoria for women is actually quite nice. They could have changed a few minor notes to make it a bit more masculine, but they decided to play around with it too much. Bad move!

This is just another lame attempt to capture those Gio dollars. Is this a bad scent? No...It's just another so...so scent....The big problem is that there are a million so so scents and another one will get lost in the crowd. Sure....it will sell...but will it stand the test of time? Probably not....
    Gary

I really like the fragrance the only problem I have is it does not last long on me : (

The women's has great sillage but the men is too light!

Anyone else have this problem....?

Unhappy Re: Euphoria Men

Gave it a spin on a few occasions - wanted to like it - analyzed it - under and over clothing, on wrists and chest....

...My verdict....there's a tiny little something that's appealing....but worth a purchase.....you tell me.

Tried it at Nordstrom today. And in my opinion it's not an Acqua di Gio clone as many have stated here. I think it's more comparable with Polo Blue ( basil maybe ). Ok, Euphoria is pretty mainstream but it's not bad. I like the bottle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    I agree. Euphoria for women is actually quite nice. They could have changed a few minor notes to make it a bit more masculine, but they decided to play around with it too much. Bad move!
    me too, euphoria woman is really but the male version is actually dissapointing!.
    The head notes are ok but it drydown is something that smell really poor and cheap!
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

Tried it today at a store...smelt like peeled oranges at first and gradually it faded into something that reminded me of Paris Hilton for men.....I would say its too boring though the bottle looks nice...

gupts

I tried this today. I have one word for it......BORING!!!!!! It has about as much fragrance as tap water does and there were absolutely no discernible notes to it. Total crap.
    Awesomeguy

Total crap indeed. Didnīt expect anything else though.

The female one is ok, like a muted, cheaper version of Coco Mademoiselle.

MMM

I tried in on Saturday. Had the wife's blessing to get it, but in the end it was underwhelming. It reminded me more of the discontinued (?) Contradiction than anything else. I did not get Polo Blue or ADG from it. I'll wait.

I did buy Old Spice Signature in the 1 OZ size! Very nice every day scent...it's a Polo Blue clone that is a super choice for young guys on a limited budget!

I made my way to the new Macy's (fresh from a Kaufmann's transformation) at my mall today, in hopes of maybe smelling Gaultier2 (no sign of it, plus the SAs were clueless... typical in this town). The only thing new there (to me) was Euphoria. I had been awaiting it for a while, being a fan of the woman's version, but after reading the initial reactions, I had my doubts. Regardless, I sprayed it on the card and took a whiff...

What? I think they swapped the juice in the Guess Man bottle with the Euphoria Bottle (which I find to be rather nice). No, wait, it's not quite Guess Man- instead of the bright green apple accord in Guess, Euphoria has a cinnamon-ed candy-apple note. Otherwise, it's the same thing. Guess could steal the juice and sell it as a special fall edition of Guess Man (think Red Delicious vs. Be Delicious, pretty much the same thing with altered top notes). Regardless, I'm a fan of Guess Man, so I did like Euphoria as well (at least on the card, I still have to try it on my skin). I don't think it's unique enough though to warrant a purchase, but if I were to get it as a gift, I don't think I'd give it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffman
    I made my way to the new Macy's (fresh from a Kaufmann's transformation) at my mall today, in hopes of maybe smelling Gaultier2 (no sign of it, plus the SAs were clueless... typical in this town). The only thing new there (to me) was Euphoria. I had been awaiting it for a while, being a fan of the woman's version, but after reading the initial reactions, I had my doubts. Regardless, I sprayed it on the card and took a whiff...

What? I think they swapped the juice in the Guess Man bottle with the Euphoria Bottle (which I find to be rather nice). No, wait, it's not quite Guess Man- instead of the bright green apple accord in Guess, Euphoria has a cinnamon-ed candy-apple note. Otherwise, it's the same thing. Guess could steal the juice and sell it as a special fall edition of Guess Man (think Red Delicious vs. Be Delicious, pretty much the same thing with altered top notes). Regardless, I'm a fan of Guess Man, so I did like Euphoria as well (at least on the card, I still have to try it on my skin). I don't think it's unique enough though to warrant a purchase, but if I were to get it as a gift, I don't think I'd give it away.
    Have you smelled Eternity Summer. I think Euphoria smells pretty similar to it.

There's also a good review of Euphoria Men on nowsmellthis:

http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...3/2383539.html

I agree with there being a bit of similarity to Eternity Summer, but I really do feel this should be a companion scent to the new Guess. I do plan on sniffing it again (on my skin this time) after my infernal cold goes away, but at first whiff, it's Guess all the way for me.

great review.. enought to have an idea about the fragance... in some days sure ill see it on stores, hope wont be so expensive like the women version.

if euphoria is more spicy/woody than truth , could be a winner for me, i dont know why people think that " truth" is a bad fragance, for me is really great..

At first whiff, it was kind of nice. Much better than Prada & Gaultier2. I just got a decant of this so I will have to investigate this further.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by omniray
    great review.. enought to have an idea about the fragance... in some days sure ill see it on stores, hope wont be so expensive like the women version.

if euphoria is more spicy/woody than truth , could be a winner for me, i dont know why people think that " truth" is a bad fragance, for me is really great..
    Yes it has some similarity to Truth which I used to have and liked. It's probably that airy/green accord you can find in quite a few fragrances but Euphoria is more complex than Truth and has some nice sweetness that Truth doesn't.

What about sillage and longevity?

Another CK flop made to appeal to chicken farmers in Nebraska who are getting ready to dress up and go into Omaha for the night. Boring, mass-marketed scent that reeks of Madison Avenue and clone colognes.

Quote Originally Posted by davido
    What about sillage and longevity?
    It's not loud and 5 sprays lasted about 3 hours on me or I'd say I stopped smelling it.

finally i tried it today, nice smell, very fruity and comfortable to me but nothing impressive.. and not a hit for my expectations. longevity not so strong with no more than 3 hrs on my skin... sure i need another test to decide if is an upcoming purchase..

hey guys, what about the new 212 sexy, i think is a better choice for the new releases... nice spicy/oriental version of that 212 in the vein of armani code.
    Last edited by omniray; 5th October 2006 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by breeze11
    It's not loud and 5 sprays lasted about 3 hours on me or I'd say I stopped smelling it.
    Oh, what a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by davido
    Oh, what a shame.
    It's not too bad on the average for this type of fragrances, believe me.

You are right. I have to try Armani Remix instead.

i like euphoria men a lot, but i agree that it isnt very complex. also it doesnt last very long.

can anybody recommend something similar but more sophisticated? all you guys who wrote "smells like a thousand other fragrances": please help me out, because i dont think ive smelled anything like this before! (yeah, im new to the world of fragrances.)

Quote Originally Posted by .rene View Post
    i like euphoria men a lot, but i agree that it isnt very complex. also it doesnt last very long.

can anybody recommend something similar but more sophisticated? all you guys who wrote "smells like a thousand other fragrances": please help me out, because i dont think ive smelled anything like this before! (yeah, im new to the world of fragrances.)
    Have you tried Azzaro Onxy/Silver Black? Its very close to Euphoria Men but much more longer lasting and deeper sillage.

hm, i dunno.
    i tried azzaro silver black today - thanks for the answer, btw - and also truth by ck, because it keeps being metioned in euphoria related discussions (the store didnt have guess men, which i wanted to try as well.) but they both seem different to me. euphoria has this girlish sweetness, which is part of what i like so much about it. maybe i should just try the female version.

I like euphoria men too much. The first hour it is very sweat green spicy. But after 2 hours it becomes something very beautiful. A creamy, smooth and green-spicy smell. It is fascinating for me. Although I admit it has a similar nature to truth and Eternity Summer. But I like it more. Now it is one of my favorites.