Code of Conduct

Default "Signature" scent (semi-longish post)

It seems that most of us who come here have more than one or two bottles of fragrance kicking around - I know I do, which makes the concept of the "signature" scent a bit problematic.

For years, I happily wore only Acqua di Parma - got the deo, the shaving cream, drank the Kool-Aid. Loved it! Everyone else loved it!

Then about two years ago, I developed this strange smell disorder where everything smelled like cigarette smoke. I tracked it down to (egads!) the AdiP! Once I stopped using it, the smoke smell disappeared. There must be some note in there that just hits me the wrong way - I get the same sensation when I get a noseful of my mom's disgusting Red Door.

Anyway, now I alternate fragrances. Most of the time, it's Paul Smith Extreme, but I'm becoming very partial to Carolina Herrera's 212 Men. But since joining Basenotes, I've acquired a few more bottles and samples - happily, mind you.

I guess I like the idea of the signature scent, and I haven't quite decided on the new one.

I'm curious to know how the other readers feel about signature scents, and how you go about using and or rotating your fragrance wardrobes.

Default Re: "Signature" scent (semi-longish post)

Variety is the spice of life !

I like to have a decent collection of fragrances to choose from - there are some fragrancres which are more suited to certain occasions and type of weather...and it also depends on mood.
    -

Default Re: "Signature" scent (semi-longish post)

No "signature" scent for me as I have so many, several of which could be a "signature". I like choosing different ones each day .

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe