Code of Conduct

Default Need a complimenting scent. Please help.

Well I'm going to have to pack away my Chrome and aeropostale(surprisingly a good scent and very cheap) since fall and winter are on the way. I have a little bit of Obsession left, but it'll be gone quickly. I have a basically full bottle of Obsession Night because I bought it at the end of winter last year...so basically what should I buy to compliment Obsession Night for these cold days? Please soemthing relatively new so I can find it. =P

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Need a complimenting scent. Please help.

Two ladies liked John Varvatos today, my SOTD .
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Thrax

Geir by Geir Ness

nearfantastica

Here are a few fall suggestions that certainly avoid the "fresh aquatic" category...hope they help...

L'instant by Guerlain: smooth woodsy/spicy versatile fragrance with a slight vanilla base.. not overly sweet, but very nice

M7- a basenotes classic. To me M7 possesses the smell of a smouldering campfire on a rainy morning. Sweet, woodsy and slightly smokey <on my skin>

Rochas Man: If you like a sweet woman pleasing scent. Rochas man, blends lavender, coffee, chocolate notes into a very delicious and sexy fragrance. Not coloyingly sweet, but something that will get you some attention <if that's what you desire>

others worth testing or sampling

John Varvatos, Dolce & Gabanna By Man

I'm sure you'll get a glut of suggestions from fellow basenoters., enjoy sampling.

a.

John Varvatos sounds like exactly what I was looking for. Rochas Man too, keep the suggestions comming! Thanks guys

nearfantastica

Another very well regarded fragrance on this site.. that is both inexpensive and quite easily to find.... is Bulgari Black..

vanilla based fragrance, with a smokey rubbery character... sounds a lot more bold than it is... It basically equates a sweet, slightly dark and powdery fragrance that is very easy to wear on a daily basis..

I would also suggest Burberry Brit, which essentially smells like a masculine take on baby powder to me. This one is an everyday scent that is non-offensive but elicits many positive replies. a vanillic powdery fragrance that smells very clean, but also quite sexy...

Since now I have a better idea of what you're looking for.. my top three to suggest for you..would be.. as follows.

1) John Varvatos
    2) Rochas Man
    3) Burberry Brit

+ give Bulgari Black a try...

a.

I have two scents for you
    Visit: I think this would compliment Obsession Night beatifully. Both a woody but Visit gives more of a spicier and woody feel. Visit should have been named Obsession becuase it compliments Obsession Night so well.
    Magnetism- is you like fruit scents but not overly fruit then is a good scent. It would compliment Night in that fruit sense but still remains woody like Night.