Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink It's fragrance TV ad season again...

Just like the new fall programs on the networks, the fragrance TV ads are starting up again. As Gary here says, everyone wants those Acqua di Gio dollars, so when you turn on the TV for that NFL game on NBC next Sunday, you just might run into an ad for some designer's new eau de toilette.

Around here, there's only a handful of smelly ads... which isn't surprising since Fort Wayne is the 106th biggest TV market in America out of the 210 ranked TV markets. But during a recent NFL football game (I forgot to ask which one), one of my friends saw the TV commercial for Gaultier˛, complete with a plug saying that it's "available at Macy's". (The US commercial for Gaultier˛ is almost identical to the European commercial, right down to the music, but with an added voiceover in the middle with the US-specific tagline "I've got to have you".)

Has anyone else started to see fragrance commercials on TV this fall? For that matter, what's your fave fragrance TV ad of recent memory?
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Default Re: It's fragrance TV ad season again...

Not much other than the ad for ck Euphoria which seems to be on every 5 minutes after dark.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's fragrance TV ad season again...

Speaking of the Gaultier˛ commercial, here's a funny story...

One of the faculty members at the college I go to had a student show the Euro version of the commercial to him via YouTube... the student insisted that it was fake becuase the bottles clicked together. I told the faculty member (who was wearing Tommy 10 that day, BTW) that it wasn't fake, and the Gaultier˛ bottles are magnetized to make it happen. His response? "Thanks... I was thinking that it was real anyway."

Ironically, he's going to go out and sniff Gaultier˛ this weekend... maybe the airing of the commercial during the football game made him want to sniff it.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.