Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chèvrefeuille Original and Farenheit

I have heard Green Valley being compared to farenheit and have only found a slight similarity. Chèvrefeuille Original however is to me strikingly similar. Clearly it is not the same thing but they share many notes. The Chèvrefeuille Original is cleaner, lighter, purer and the mint lifts it into a different territory but the honeysuckle and hawthorn are in common with both frags. There are also woods at the heart of both, though different ones.

I had been testing the creed offering and really enjoying it. First I thought along the lines of "this is what green valley promised but never quite delivered for me" then an older familiarity crept in and I remembered wearing and enjoying the farenheit in the late 80's/early 90's and the honeysuckle jumped out as the charcteristic point of both.

Anyway, I just thought I would share...anyone thoughts anyone?
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Chèvrefeuille Original and Farenheit

Sorry hirch, I dont see these similarities at all --

Fahrenheit has a distinctive gasoline note which I enjoy a lot.

C. Original has nothing like that in its note structure, unless you are associating the herbal drydown with the gasoline accord or Fahrenheit (they both smell quite distinct and different to me).

I havent tried Green Valley. Is it any good ?
    -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Sorry hirch, I dont see these similarities at all --

Fahrenheit has a distinctive gasoline note which I enjoy a lot.

C. Original has nothing like that in its note structure, unless you are associating the herbal drydown with the gasoline accord or Fahrenheit (they both smell quite distinct and different to me).

Really? You don't get the honeysuckle thing? I'm sitting here with c.o. on one wrist and farenheit (Aftershave) on the other. I know what you mean about the gasoline (or petrol on our side of the pond ) which I like too, but I think there are some herbs in that gas (sage? clary sage??) and there are significant differences, not the same frag ,but there are also striking similarities to me.

I really wasn't impressed with Green valley, to this day I'm not sure if my sample was bad, though it seemed to fit with the reviews and notes here.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

reviews

Having just received my bottle of Green Valley today I will have to critique it w/o actually wearing it on my skin, but I really think it smells like Green Irish Tweed without all of the 'earthy' notes like iris, and of course less wood. It really does nothing to make me think of Farenheit. As for whether it's any good or not, I think its great, but if you have GIT I dont think it would be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp

Post Thanks / Like

Is there really anything remotely like Farenheit? I don't think so and I've smelled the Creeds being mentioned.

Farenheit's main virtue is it's uniqueness. Personally I find it difficult to wear, because it takes so long to get to the best part of the drydown.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Post Thanks / Like

well I am back from paris now, one of my two trophies being a bottle of chevrefeuille from the source! I must admit that this smells a little diferent to the sample I had which must have been a little old. It smells less like farenheit. I still know what I meant though, its in the honeysuckle!

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    well I am back from paris now, one of my two trophies being a bottle of chevrefeuille from the source! I must admit that this smells a little diferent to the sample I had which must have been a little old. It smells less like farenheit. I still know what I meant though, its in the honeysuckle!

Oooh, what else was there at the source? Any fragrances which we arent familiar with yet? I recall there was some talk of a new fragrance called "Virgin Water" or something like that...
    -

Post Thanks / Like

I walked in with crying child in tow, and so was in and out with no time to browse or sniff . Just getting there to make my purchase was a victory! I need to go back ...........(I did get three samples with my bottle though including royal water which i had never smelled. I will have to give it a go soon!).

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Actually , I do remember my eyes falling briefly on a bottle of "virgin island.....something"??? Or did I read about it here and dream it? Damn!!! Who is going there soon????

reviews

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GenuineImitationLife View Post
    Is there really anything remotely like Farenheit? I don't think so and I've smelled the Creeds being mentioned.

Farenheit's main virtue is it's uniqueness. Personally I find it difficult to wear, because it takes so long to get to the best part of the drydown.
    Just wanted to revive this thread for information's sake. I have come across two fragrances that are clearly inspired by Fahrenheit. One is the copycat Missoni Olympios, which didn't really work for me -- sweaty off notes in the drydown, while missing the interesting petroleum qualities of the Dior. Today I received a small bottle of Zents Ore and one spray is currently drying down on my arm. So far it's a beautiful, classy, cleaned up version of Fahrenheit with (seemingly) real jasmine instead of synthetic honeysuckle and hawthorn.

I am very curious to try Chèvrefeuille Original! The drydown of Fraiche Badiane is mostly vetiver to my nose.

I have both Chèvrefeuille Original and Fahrenheit and I never got the talked about similarities. By the way also have Olympios and I don't find it that bad.