Code of Conduct

Default Which Celebrities SHOULD Have Fragrances?

It seems that most of the new commercial perfumes out there are celebrity sponsored. But most of the stars who slap their names on perfume are (in my opinion) utterly talentless, even though their perfume can occasionally be appealing. So, inspired by the Bjork thread in the men's forum and the movie character thread here, I thought I'd ask: which celebrities, in your opinion, OUGHT to have fragrances? And what would they smell like?

My pick would be Tori Amos, whose personality and work I really love. I'd imagine a big, deep rose, for the intensity and sexuality of her work, with a bit of powdery violet to give it some delicacy, and some sandalwood or amber in the base, for a warm, animal or "temple incense" kind of note. I also wonder what "Eau de Kate Winslet" would smell like, but I have no idea as to where she would take that one.

Default Re: Which Celebrities SHOULD Have Fragrances?

Marilyn Manson.

Post Re: Which Celebrities SHOULD Have Fragrances?

First thought on reading this - definitely Stevie Nicks - it would sell by the bucketload. I have read that she only uses a gardenia perfume oil but even if she endorsed her own blend I'd buy it. So talented and such a style icon.

PigeonMurderer - it's coming! Supposedly he has a fragrance being developed now that will be out later this year. I wonder what THAT is going to smell like.

My aversion to celeb scents isn't about the celebs who have them but about the idea in general so my answer is: NONE.

IMO scents shouldn't be about a particular person but about a mood, an idea, etc.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

None

None

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Willie Nelson--A sweet, smokey, intoxicating scent for men and women called Tour Bus. (Plus, he'd probably give all his profits to charity as well as keep a certain number of farmers well employed.)

But seriously ... I think Martha Stewart could pull it off. You know she'd get her nose right in on the action since she's not the hands-off sort. She'd insist on a certain level of quality. She's certainly been exposed to the best scents being worn by those around her. Plus, she has experience with gardening flowers and herbs.
    Last edited by Quarry; 28th September 2006 at 05:20 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Marilyn Manson is actually coming out with his own fragrance. Look here: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Marly...me-10241.shtml

I really want a "Carrot Top" Perfume though.
    Last edited by mentallo; 28th September 2006 at 05:05 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"