Code of Conduct

Default Jacques Bogart deserves more recognition!!

I have seen very few fans of Jacques Bogart fragrances here. This is despite the fact that this house makes IMHO some really nice scents. I have read some reviews here and on another website about a few of their scents and one thing is common i.e. amazing longevity on all of these. Why is then their scents not as widely popular? Why can one buy ONe man show for 8$? There are only a handful of sellers on ebay selling Bogart & Bogart PH. Why?

Bogart (blind buy arriving soon)
    Bogart pour homme (looking to buy)
    One man Show (my favourite)
    Furyo (Beyond my reach now) but have heard its just mindblowing. Would love to smell this one.
    Force Majeure ( cant find this one but am intrigued coz its from JB)
    Eau Fresh (this is the only one which has negative views bout it)
    Silver Scent (launched in 2006 and i think it was buried right after its launch)- NOWHERE to be seen on ebay or anywhere...

The longevity on all these scents is stunning. Howcome all their scents have gr8 longevity? Is it that they use better ingredients or what?

Why cant other perfume houses make perfumes that last just as long? I love M7 Fresh but it just vanishes in thin air in a few hours. I love ADG but too disappears in no time.

Wish the perfumes that smell gr8 could last longer and also wish Jacques Bogart was more widely respected than it is now for it makes some gr8 perfumes. After all they bring us perfumes that actually do the job well.

gupts

Default Re: Jacques Bogart deserves more recognition!!

"You can't say that again", man!
    I own Bogart and One man Show and they're favorites of mine! Both have great longevity indeed! The new Bogart pour homme is also distinctive, It has a nice and not so common note that surrounds the scent perfectly!
    But one thing that intrigues me is that, if i'm not making a mistake, Bogart owns Ted lapidus trademark but some fragrances from this line are really average, bad blended scents (although Lapidus pour homme is a gem).

Gupts,

You just said what I has been thinking all the time, but was not dare to post it here.
    Have several of them:

Bogart – great green/woody stuff, very bold;
    One Man Show – my favorite too;
    PH – soft, unique, like it very much;
    Witness – OK, but nothing special;
    Eau Fresh – good fresh (only one from that house?) scent, but did not find anything special, BTW, the only one that does not last and limited sillage;

Curious about other (Furyo, de Viris and Force Major), but they are not possible to find or WAAAAAY expensive.

I think it is not possible to beat what you get for per dollar.

BTW, tried Lapidus on paper in some store and did not like and even did not put on my skin, mistake?

Bogart lovers, unite!

Bogart Pour Homme is amazing !! ....... Just added almost everything released by him onto my want list ... I will definately be adding more from JB into my collection in the coming year ..
    >> Anyone else started using any other JB's recently ?

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

I wanted to try Bogart Witness, but couldn't find it anywhere. Can anyone compare that to One Man Show or PH?
    "Faites des bêtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

I've been wearing both Silver Scent and BPH (new formula) lately and i liked both, but i liked BPH better, i don't know what happened to silver scent, i haven't seen it anywhere again either after i bought it.
    I also enjoy Eau Fresh, but i don't wear it that often.

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Is it that they use better ingredients or what?
    Negative. But they are loaded with dihydromyrcenol and other synthetics of that sort.

Nothing quite quenches my patchouli thirst like Bogart Pour Homme...plus the longevity is ridiculous.

I once posted that a girl at work said " Oooh, you smell erotic".
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I tried One Man Show this morning. 1 spritz and it's still there, over 12 hours later. I think it's a dead ringer for Yatagan, minus the celery salt. Too macho for me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    I tried One Man Show this morning. 1 spritz and it's still there, over 12 hours later. I think it's a dead ringer for Yatagan, minus the celery salt. Too macho for me, though.

yeah..One man Show has got incredible longevity....and it just costs 20$....fantastic cologne and an unbelievable price.....i like the bottle tooo....

gupts
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    I've been wearing both Silver Scent and BPH (new formula) lately and i liked both, but i liked BPH better, i don't know what happened to silver scent, i haven't seen it anywhere again either after i bought it.
    I also enjoy Eau Fresh, but i don't wear it that often.
    I didnt know BPH was reformulated....I mean did the packaging change too?

gupts

BPH is my first JB so whether I have a reformulated version or original i don't know buts its outrageously gorgeous cologne ! .. perhaps we can work out the bottles - boxes & scents ?
    Say Gupts what are your thoughts on Bogart ? you said it was a blinb buy back at the atart of the thread .
    And has anyone used Furyo recently ?

SALES

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    BPH is my first JB so whether I have a reformulated version or original i don't know buts its outrageously gorgeous cologne ! .. perhaps we can work out the bottles - boxes & scents ?
    Say Gupts what are your thoughts on Bogart ? you said it was a blinb buy back at the atart of the thread .
    And has anyone used Furyo recently ?
    @ Dimitrios

I have
    Bogart *signature*
    Bogart pour homme
    One man Show
    Witness
    Furyo
    Silver Scent

My first Bogart was One man Show and i remember i absolutely loved it....Recently however i sprayed it in hot weather and since then i am just replused by this scent...i know its temporary but i don't like it anymore as of now...

Bogart pour homme has unbelievable longevity and sillage...however the excessive tonka compiled with vanilla...doesnt really do well for me...so my bottle is just sitting there...

Witness....fantastic cinnamon cologne....gr8 topnotes...but i remember reading a review from a basenoter which said its missing any basenotes...and i agree with him....

Bogart *signature*....i love the leather in it....gr8 stuff and need i say again....excellent longevity....

Silver Scent...i bought this blind despite a scathing review by 'the good life'....yes this scent is all confusion...but it isnt bad really....i think its got fruity topnotes and the longevity and sillage are fantastic yet again....

Furyo.....somewhat similar to Kouros but if i may say this is the 'winter version of Kouros'......i remember once i didnt shower for 3 days and i could still smell Furyo on me that i had sprayed on the 1st day....

I would love to try 'Eau Fresh' and 'Force Majeure' someday....i may buy them blind when i can't resist them no more....

gupts

For the people who loves Kouros and Givenchy Gentleman, Furyo should be a must-have fragrance to track down. It won`t be a disapointment, believe me.
    Indeed, it is a cross between these two civet loaded frags, but it is even more animalic, more butch and more bold.
    In Furyo there is a prominent civet note, but that`s not all : I know that Ric once got a (tester?) bottle of this stuff which had a olfactory notes listed in it that said it also contains castoreum and ambergris. So, you can imagine there is something very animalic going on with this fragrance.

I once was extremely curious about Furyo, and thanks to one friendly B`Noter, I finally managed to get a sample of it. While it was a very interesting experience to deal with, it was clear that it isn`t a fragrance I need to own - It is just too bitter, arid and sour for my tastes, and although I enjoy animalic fragrances, I didn`t find Furyo that sexy/sensual after all. Also, I don`t think Furyo is well balanced fragrance (it is a certain kind of chaos for a fragrance), and also this quality I found quite disturbing.

I even have got rid of my bottle of Kouros; the fragrance I still truly admire but find no need to wear it anymore in practise.

Bogart frags are incredibly good buys all the way around. I personally can't wear One Man Show (wore it too much in college -- overkill there), but I am ga-ga for Bogart pour Homme (thanks, Thrax and Knightowl!) and apeshit ga-ga for Furyo (civet/testosterone in a bottle).

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I have no experience with this line. I looked at ebay and there are "vintage" bottles of furyo in the $150.00 range. ebay stores where most things are now sold, and all are price set "buy it nows" (what ever happened to bids?) has 98 Jacques Bogart mens items for sale. I remember reading on Basenotes that Chevignon by Bogart was quite good. I think it was a man who likes R d'Cappuci who wrote about it. not sure though.

I have never seen this stuff in any store in NYC. Because of Basenotes, I have earnestly looked for it. You would think if it would be anywhere it would be in New York. Have looked but to no avail. That lack of distribution could hold this stuff back a bit, don't you think?
    Last edited by Joe_Frances; 22nd December 2007 at 01:32 AM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I have bottles of Bogart, Bogart PH, One Man Show and Witness. All are impressive fragrances IMO and I have paid as little as $8 for the 1.6 oz Witness splash and not more than $15 for a bottle of any one of the other 3 (if I remember correctly).

This is a fragrance line that I would like to try each and every one of their offerings, based on the quality of the ones I already own and the few reviews/posts on Basenotes. Also I am somewhat amazed that they haven't garnered more attention here on Basenotes. Maybe the lack of retail offerings/advertisement or perhaps the low cost is putting people off? If it is the low cost, go figure..
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Yeah, too many spritzes of this stuff and you WILL become a "One Man Show"...not one soul within a two-mile radius from you. lol.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

lol ,,, well described knightowl ,, Obviously super potent ..
    In your opinion is it decant worthy for small roll-ons to avoid be lonely ? .. lol

SALES

This line was very popular in Soviet countries in Soviet time, and many fakes were available in eary 90's, and probably now too.
    I never saw it in legit stores in any country, so did not have a chance to try them.

I still think the original Bogart is their finest, and it's one of the best classic men's fragrances around. Witness comes next, great cinnamon and patchouli. I only know Furyo from a mini and found it in intriguing but not wearable. Bogart pour homme is very heavy and sweet, it is not bad, but IMO Vento Canale by Campagna does the "smoking a pipe in my mahogany-paneled study with a glass of vintage port on the side" theme with more sophistication. One Man Show is too much for me and Silver Scent is profumo non grato. I would like to try their Bois de Vetiver, but that is lost in the mists of time, I suppose.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Going by all the reviews, it would appear that Furyo was pretty popular in Finland...
    Last edited by Trebor; 23rd December 2007 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Going by all the reviews, it would appear that Furyo was pretty popular in Finland...
    Not true, Trebor. As for those reviewers, I am only Finn.

You see, in one time of the forum/directory update those nationalities were screwed up. (though, conserning only reviews that were made a lot sooner. I`m sure Grant could explain this...)
    When the things stood correct, and if my memory serves me well, I remember that all of those Furyo reviews were made by Americans. (+maybe by some Aussie chap)
    And if I am not mistaken, Furyo has never ever been succesfull here in Finland - not in a slightest bit.