Code of Conduct

Default Vintage Tabarome

I am interested in obtaining a sample of this.I`ve read that it is very difficult to find.Any suggestions as to where I might look to purchase it?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vintage Tabarome

Quote Originally Posted by Not_sosoes
    I am interested in obtaining a sample of this.I`ve read that it is very difficult to find.Any suggestions as to where I might look to purchase it?

Thanks!

I actually have a bottle on the way that I will get next week and I would be willing to sell a decant, but I do know that Gerald sells decants of this. Look for his thread on the items for sale forum.

Here it is

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=183335
    Last edited by markc; 29th September 2006 at 05:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Vintage Tabarome is a fragrance for a mature and extremely wealthy gentleman IMHO. It oozes class and dignity. I'm thirty two years now and I can imagine how it must be like to be that old and enjoy the money and THAT fragrance. At the moment it's unwearable for me in ANY situation. I have once worn it to work on a saturday morning (yes, I have to work on saturday 'till noon nowadays) and I didn't feel comfortable at all. I really have problems to find a matching situation or time for this one.
    Oh, I forgot, it's maybe the perfect scent for the cinema when there's a movie made in the early 20's or 30's and most important: Humphry Bogart

LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed
    Vintage Tabarome is a fragrance for a mature and extremely wealthy gentleman IMHO. It oozes class and dignity. I'm thirty two years now and I can imagine how it must be like to be that old and enjoy the money and THAT fragrance. At the moment it's unwearable for me in ANY situation. I have once worn it to work on a saturday morning (yes, I have to work on saturday 'till noon nowadays) and I didn't feel comfortable at all. I really have problems to find a matching situation or time for this one.
    Oh, I forgot, it's maybe the perfect scent for the cinema when there's a movie made in the early 20's or 30's and most important: Humphry Bogart

LOL!

Please don't take offense, but the fact that you mentioned extremely wealthy, I have to ask something I wanted to ask a couple months ago. Are you extremely wealthy? I would have to guess so judging by the amount of bottles in your wardrobe. I am at 112 now, and have had to cut off for a while. After 6 months here, I have spent thousands of USD, that I probably shouldn't have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markc
    Please don't take offense, but the fact that you mentioned extremely wealthy, I have to ask something I wanted to ask a couple months ago. Are you extremely wealthy? I would have to guess so judging by the amount of bottles in your wardrobe. I am at 112 now, and have had to cut off for a while. After 6 months here, I have spent thousands of USD, that I probably shouldn't have.
    I don't have financial problems and probably will never have, but I also know how it feels to have no money at all. As a teen I only had limited spending money from my parents, more or less nothing.
    My wardrobe (own) consits of scents l own, I did copy that from Connoisseur. (where has he gone btw?) I own (just counted this minute) 161 bottles. Rest are decants and samples. I buy 90% on eBay and I don't mind buying used bottles at all.

There are much bigger collections here. I recall KillerVavoom has, as far as I know, a collection of bottles that is really mindblowing. Was it over 2000? I don't recall the number, but probably it has doubled since that post.