Code of Conduct

Default Introducing LesNez (+ Free Samples)

Thanks to all who took part - the sample offer is now closed.

Introducing new fragrance line: "LesNez" (and how to get free samples...)
    by Grant Osborne, 30 September 2006.

Basenotes is excited to announce a new perfume brand: LesNez. LesNez is the brainchild of René Schifferle, a long-time fragrance aficianado. Read on to find out more about the new line, and how you can obtain samples.

http://www.basenotes.net/industry_news/lesnez.html
    Last edited by Grant; 16th October 2006 at 09:17 AM. Reason: offer now closed

Default Re: Introducing LesNes

Thanks for the article, Grant!

I've had the pleasure to sample this trio, and Isabelle Doyen really did an outstanding job! The one that will raise most discussion is without a doubt L'Antimatière, which is a bit of an acquired taste, but definitely worth sampling. No opening note (just a whiff of alcohol) and then in the drydown a complex, fine-tuned musky fragrance that is hard to break down in separate notes. I'll be honest: after having sampled this one three times, I still find it hard to appreciate L'Antimatière in all its facets. One thing's for sure: there's plenty to explore in there. It's the sort of fragrance that makes people discuss. I can't think of any perfume out there that bares any similarities to this one.

"The Unicorn Spell" is very easy to warm up to: it's a green floral composed around a violet theme. It's relatively light, inoffensive, and clean. Sampled it several times, and I think it makes for a *great* summer scent. From the start, this was my favorite of the bunch. "Let Me Play the Lion" is a more complex woody fragrance with a cedar extract (Virginia); I've only sampled it once; I have to try it more often to make up my mind.

In any case, hats off to René Schifferle who had the audacity to set up this wonderful project. I've smelled some of the basic ingredients that were used in this trio, and he sure didn't save his money in that department. Natural ingredients were used where possible/desirable. From what I understand, Isabelle Doyen was allowed to choose whatever ingredients she wanted, at whatever cost. The bottles look plain compared to what you see in the mass-market world, but this project is really about putting the fragrance first.

EauxM, well done!
    Last edited by Marcello; 2nd October 2006 at 09:40 PM.

Default Re: Introducing LesNez (+ Free Samples)

Funny how this did not catch my attention until the LesNez ad popped up
    Thank you for the article, Grant, and Eaux M for organizing the sample shipment!
    I should make it a habit to look for new articles, etc. Anything I've read there
    has been either useful or enlightening, and never a waste of time!
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.