Code of Conduct

Thread: Newbie

Default Newbie

Hi guys,
    sorry, I'm sure you get these sort of messages all the time.. but I'm really puzzled. I'm a newbie when it comes to fragrances and am looking for something nice. I'm 15. I am completely open minded to any fragrances, so I really don't know what to choose.. spent many a long hour trying to find something thru basenotes directory, but still I am puzzled with so many choices. I'm thinking of trying Amen - Thierry Muggler.. any other suggestions?

Default Re: Newbie

Hey taika, Welcome to Basenotes!!

Hm, anything you have in mind and what uses do you hope to have the fragrance for? I suggest you go to Sephora where you can test a bunch. Although unique and yummy, Amen might be a tad eccentric for everyday use. Perhaps you will like something softer for daily wear. Maybe try out Chanel Allure Homme or Allure Homme Sport at Sephora?

Thanks for your advise. Really just want a fragrance that smells nice, no particular reason other than that. haha. Thanks for the info on Amen. I had a postcard sample of Boss Selection which I thought smelt nice (although I haven't smelt many fragrances to make a comparision), but I don't really know about that 1...
    I live in the UK and have never heard of Sephora, so I 'm not too sure they have it here.

Blog Entries

I agree w/ ChrisW. The best thing to do is go & sniff out various frags. Sephora is best for someone just starting out, because they offer a free little booklet in the fragrance section, regarding their various frags & how they are classified. Don't sample TOO many fragrances at once, though, or your nose will become fatigued & nothing will smell good.

Good luck in your search, & let us know what you find!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Ok hopefully I can find some place similar close to me? If it helps anyone I am from a mixed background, quite tanned, thinking maybe an oriental fragrance would suit me? If anyone has smelt the deodrant Lynx Africa, I like that but am looking for something a little different...