Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whats the nicest Kouros to cut my teeth on?

Ive now seen Kouros original(white bottle),Kouros cologne sport(clear bottle&juice) & Kouros summer(blue bottle&juice).
    Kouros fans please comment...And yes,i love the smell of urine!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Whats the nicest Kouros to cut my teeth on?

There are a TON of threads on this exact topic. I think there was one just 3 or 4 days ago. Anyways, I would say if you're gonna go Kouros you might as well go all out and wear the real thing.

I'd suggest staring with the original and then branching off to Fraicheur and Body Kouros. The latter doesn't really smell like the original but is occasionally fun to wear.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there's any problem with the original if it's worn in very strict moderation. Body Kouros shouldn't even have "Kouros" in the name, and shouldn't be compared to the original or any of its bretheren. It's good, but it simply can't be used as a replacement for the original. NONE of the same notes whatsoever.

I'd say go ahead and wear the real deal, and if you absolutely find it too shocking, Cologne Sport is the next best option.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Original. Of course you have to try it, but if you dig Kouros, imho there's no need for the lighter variants, Kouros is wearable in summer.

I'd say if you were just starting out Kouros Cologne Sport or one of the Eau d'Ete's. They are a lot lighter than the original (and with abbreviated duration as well). I don't know how hot it gets in Durban... these might be more appropriate if it tends to be pretty hot.

My favorite is actually Kouros Fraicheur.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all
    Thanks for all the advice.Yea,i also cant understand why they called it Body Kouros.I walked into the store and tried it expecting another Kouros noted frag and yet it is totally different in every way.Why do you think YSL gave it that name and not a totally different name??Just wondering...
    We in South Africa are going into summer now,and if you look on a map,we are on the east coast.It gets really really hot here in summer.35-40 Celsius (90+ F)every day!