Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Users of Bigarade Concentree Jean Claude Ellena

I'm wondering how other users of this fragrance experience it? (I've read the reviews.) I'm on a learning curve with this one as it was an impulse buy. Its quite abrassive at first then settles down, then goes quite faint -at least compared to the opener. Is this just an expensive fragrance that doesn't last or is it some intention with the design of the fragrance for it to change "character" and soften?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Users of Bigarade Concentree Jean Claude Ellena

I can't tell you how upset I am that I bought a large bottle of this and had it shipped from France. It might last an hour if I spray my clothes but on my skin, it is almost gone before it dries. It is a breathtaking scent but extremely short lived. I am guessing that the regular Bigarade is even shorter lived than the concentree. I have nothing against scents that are so fragile but why charge so much for a few moments of pleasure, especially when there are other wonderful scents that last much longer and are infinately cheaper?

Post Thanks / Like

For me, the bitter citrus note doesnt last long enough; it disappears 10 minutes after application.
    -

Yeah its DEFINITELY a flash in the pan...unfortunately. I like it a lot, while its there, its just not there very long.

This is actually one of the longest lasting citruses iv'e tried, then again supposedly short lived things like Mugler Cologne last a long time on my skin so that might have something to do with it.

BC is an extraordinary fragrance to me. The only one that embodies so truly the unique spirit of bitter orange, which happens to be one of the most particular and less used citrus note in perfumery, and one of my favs btw... So I guess I'm lucky about this juice as on me I don't detect the cumin BO effect many people around here claim it to have, maybe just a spicy opening of cumin which on me if for sure far from remembering bo. Moreover the bitter orange heart opens so fully and roundly and lasts for some hours and in the end it gradually leaves the place to a warm bitter-fruity wark skin-like accord.
    So, agreed that Cologne Bigarrade is not worth buying it as it lasts just a while, Bigarrade Concentrée is worth every buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent
    BC is an extraordinary fragrance to me. The only one that embodies so truly the unique spirit of bitter orange, which happens to be one of the most particular and less used citrus note in perfumery, and one of my favs btw... So I guess I'm lucky about this juice as on me I don't detect the cumin BO effect many people around here claim it to have, maybe just a spicy opening of cumin which on me if for sure far from remembering bo. Moreover the bitter orange heart opens so fully and roundly and lasts for some hours and in the end it gradually leaves the place to a warm bitter-fruity wark skin-like accord.
    So, agreed that Cologne Bigarrade is not worth buying it as it lasts just a while, Bigarrade Concentrée is worth every buck.
    Very well said! On hot summer days I've worn it quite a few times and I have not been disappointed. It may not last for days but what would you expect from citrus/oranges? It's a unique and pretty fragrance.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Post Thanks / Like

Bigarade Concentree is the longest lasting citrus I've tried. Usually citrus disappears off me in a matter of minutes, but this one doesn't, and it keeps an excellent quality of citrus note, too. A beautiful, pure, clean, long lasting citrus fragrance--and I love the hay note, too..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus
    Bigarade Concentree is the longest lasting citrus I've tried. Usually citrus disappears off me in a matter of minutes, but this one doesn't, and it keeps an excellent quality of citrus note, too. A beautiful, pure, clean, long lasting citrus fragrance--and I love the hay note, too..
    On me, the hay note takes center stage too fast - I would have liked the bitter orange note to stick around more.
    -

Post Thanks / Like

It smells good; it dissapears fast. For the first time in history I recommend a creed for greater longevity: Citrus Bigarade. I love the smell, it has a good dose of the bigarrade and lasts better.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 6th March 2007 at 02:50 PM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    It smells good; it dissapears fast. For the first time in history I recommend a creed for greater longevity: Citrus Bigarade. I love the smell, it has a good dose of the bigararde and lasts better.
    Yes, Citrus Bigarade has a smoother and longer lasting orange note. It does last a bit longer than B. Concentree, but not long enough for me to consider it as a full bottle purchase.
    -

I don't get all the comments on this lasting mere minutes. On me at least it lasts all day and i can sometimes faintly detect it the next day. I suppose i'm just lucky!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses. I guess I fall somewhere in between. I'm liking it more, as I'm wearing it today and
    there are some quite pleasant notes that I catch now and then. I'll see if I can smell them through most of the day , even if faintly. It will be 90 degrees today, so here's the field test.

thanks, dprof

I agree with every post here regarding the seeming longevity of Bigarade Concentree but there IS a subtle alchemy about this fragrance which causes it to completely reappear AND LAST when the body gets heated up. In some ways this 'Pheonix' effect is very gratifying and almost worth the initial apparent loss.