Code of Conduct

Default High School Junior Need help choosing

I've narrowed my list to these colognes:
    KC Reaction
    Dreamer
    Cool Water Deep
    D&G

I'm looking for something that will be suitable for a high school junior. Something that will receive compliments.

Thanks

P.S (I own KC Black)

Default Re: High School Junior Need help choosing

If I were a Junior in High School and were looking for compliments I would choose these my friend:

*Z by Zegna.........my girlfriend's little sister goes nuts over this one and wants it for her boyfriend
    *Claiborne Sport............very inexpensive and will get you loads of compliments........trust me on this one
    *Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren.............almost perfect
    *Azzaro Chrome............clean and fresh but still has an edge that the girls will like
    *Victoria's Secret Very Sexy 2..........lives up to its name for the younger crowd

I would say that you should go for The Dreamer, and then D&G.

nice suggestions, any opinions on reaction?

The Dreamer. But I would test at least some of those before deciding. My tastes could be radically different from the tastes of other people my age.

Quote Originally Posted by jondabomb24
    I've narrowed my list to these colognes:
    KC Reaction
    Dreamer
    Cool Water Deep
    D&G

I'm looking for something that will be suitable for a high school junior. Something that will receive compliments.

Thanks

P.S (I own KC Black)

Does KC black last?

I'm 15 and I use...

Rochas Man
    Hanae Mori
    Fantasy
    Paris Hilton Men (wayy better version than KC reaction)
    D&G
    Curve
    Acqua Di Gio
    Gucci Envy

Most Compliment: Rochas Man
    Longest Lasting: Gucci Envy
    Personal Favorite: Fantasy (yes, the girls one by Britney Spears but I love it)

I'm assuming since you only own one other scent that you're going to be wearing it often. For me, Dreamer was a bit rich for daily wear. I love it though; I just ordered a bottle today. But I don't plan on wearing it too often during the day and to classes. That's why I would go for D&G off of your list. It wears a little lighter while still having great sillage and longevity. But if you do consider Dreamer, I'd recommend testing it because it's very unique.

thanks, also is lolita lempicka (sp?) any good? i dont know much about it except that people have recommended it. (i will test all of these out before purchasing, but i want some suggestions before testing because i only have so much space on my arm to spray) and is it good for teenagers?

The Dreamer's a great choice -- glad you are aware of it.
    Try Benetton's Colors Uomo -- it's cheap, spicy, abundant, and very nice. Good high school choice.
    Tabac and Canoe (both classics, sorry, Lightninrod, about the Canoe) also rank right up there for young guys, and price is no issue with either.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by jondabomb24
    thanks, also is lolita lempicka (sp?) any good? i dont know much about it except that people have recommended it. (i will test all of these out before purchasing, but i want some suggestions before testing because i only have so much space on my arm to spray) and is it good for teenagers?

I've tried it, it's sort of like my Rochas Man. It's pretty good, not really good for everyday highschool wear like for me.

Umm but you COULD probally get away with it, it's winter and cold now anyways so I guess it's fine.

Try Just Me for Men by Paris Hilton, it's very fresh and nice. PERFECT for everyday/anytime use and it's just like the perfect scent.

D&G PH. I'm 19.

Blog Entries

Yes, there are tons of frags suitable for a high school junior. From your list, though, I pick Kenneth Cole Reaction. I'm a HUGE fan of this one. Reaction gets bashed right & left on this board because of its rather poor longevity and yes, to some it's considered "generic." But I love it. It's a great "safe" choice and I personally think it smells great.

I also love D&G and Dreamer from your list as well. I think you should get Reaction for the day while you're in class, and either D&G and/or Dreamer for the evenings.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Overcome By Fumes

Another vote for the Dreamer.

Yeah, I agree with Reaction, it's a supersafe scent that everyone will love in high school. May come off as generic, but whatever.

I'm 18, favorite scent from high school is definitely Brit Burberry. You will never fail to get compliments with this one. Another favorite that I wore in my earlier years is Lucky You, by Liz Clairborne. You can pick up a gift set with a 3.4 oz bottle for $20 at Gordmans. I have three girls that I will still wear this for, and they simply love it, everytime I see them, they will run up to me, give me a big hug and take a deep breath. "Oh my gosh you always smell sooooo good when you wear Lucky!" is the usual reaction. Reaction is an OK citrus scent, but kindof boring, and it won't last you all day at school. Zenga Z is a great scent, but you will always get someone who will say "I've smelled that before, what POPULAR cologne is it?" I just love Brit though, and still do, it's my signature scent, and couldn't live without it!

Oh, yeah, Lolita is a great scent too by the way. May get some wierd looks as its not completely masculine though. Don't worry about that if you aquire a large collection.

Two words: Armani Code

others are..
    Happy by Clinique
    Unforgivable by Sean John
    Allure Sport by Chanel
    Lacoste Essential
    Lancome Miracle

hah, you guys know how to make a decision hard.

ill drop by the mall and go sniff testing one of these days. and ill be looking closely at dreamer and reaction (dreamer had the better reviews so far) while lightly sampling a few others.

also, what type of cologne is dreamer: formal, casual, both?

and is it a commonly liked cologne or a love-it/hate-it like joop.

and finally, is it a common cologne, a rare cologne or middle road (would prefer a middle road, not too common, not too rare)

:0 thanks for the help

Here are two colognes that would be worth looking into in my opinion. Both are relatively inexpensive (under $30) and can easily be found online:

1.) OP Juice by Ocean Pacific

2.) Aqua Quorum by Antonio Puig

I love D&G Pour Homme. It's extremely popular, and many folks wear it (although it does smell different on different wearers).

These two smell nice and are less well-known and therefore unique to a certain extent.