Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Pierre Balmain

  1. #1

    Wink Pierre Balmain

    I would to get some Pierre Balmain fragrances. I know nothing about this label and there aren’t any retail outlets in Hong Kong which provide testers for this brand. I would like to gather some references and knowledge here from the other members here to determine which one I should get online.

    I like the smell of tuberose, heliotrope and anything that smells a bit musky.

    Your help would be much appreciated.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Pierre Balmain

    Neither of my favourite Balmains, Vent Vert or Jolie Madame really seems to fit your bill, but those are the ones I would recommend.

    For more info on JM http://www.perfumemart.com/cgi/perfu...e=755/se=Women
    and VV http://www.perfumemart.com/cgi/perfu...e=743/se=Women
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

  3. #3

    Default Re: Pierre Balmain

    Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    Neither of my favourite Balmains, Vent Vert or Jolie Madame really seems to fit your bill, but those are the ones I would recommend.

    For more info on JM http://www.perfumemart.com/cgi/perfu...e=755/se=Women
    and VV http://www.perfumemart.com/cgi/perfu...e=743/se=Women
    Thanks tigrushka for the links!

    Jolie Madame looks interesting and I read that it tuberose as one of its heart notes. I wonder if this scent smells as green / chypre as Chanel No. 19.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Pierre Balmain

    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut
    Thanks tigrushka for the links!

    Jolie Madame looks interesting and I read that it tuberose as one of its heart notes. I wonder if this scent smells as green / chypre as Chanel No. 19.
    You're welcome!

    I can't stand No.19 but I think Annick Goutal Heure Exquise has more in common with it than Jolie Madame which reminds me more of Bandit.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

  5. #5

    Default Re: Pierre Balmain

    wow... if it smells like Bandit then I am sure I will be intrigued!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Pierre Balmain

    To my nose Jolie Madame comes closer to Cabochard than to Bandit (which I do NOT wear), but I guess it's still in the family. :-)

    Ivoire is a creamy green chypre and Miss Balamin is a rather soapy leathery chypre with a floral heart.

    Not much tuberose anywhere I'm afraid...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Pierre Balmain

    Quote Originally Posted by dorthea
    To my nose Jolie Madame comes closer to Cabochard than to Bandit (which I do NOT wear), but I guess it's still in the family. :-)
    Cabochard belongs definitely to the club! I wear all three...
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

  8. #8

    Default Re: Pierre Balmain

    I enjoy Jolie Madame and Balmain de Balmain. I doubt if there is any noteworthy amount of tuberose in either of them, but both are classy and make you "to comply".

  9. #9

    Default Re: Pierre Balmain

    Quote Originally Posted by dorthea
    To my nose Jolie Madame comes closer to Cabochard than to Bandit (which I do NOT wear), but I guess it's still in the family. :-)

    Ivoire is a creamy green chypre and Miss Balamin is a rather soapy leathery chypre with a floral heart.

    Not much tuberose anywhere I'm afraid...
    Hi Dorthea,

    Thanks for you input. I will go searching for Annick Goutal Heure Exquise and Cabochard afterwork and get some ideas of what the Balmain's perfume smells like.

    Regarding Ivoire... is there any scent in the market smells like it?

    Many Thanks once again!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Pierre Balmain

    Another vote for Jolie Madame. I get orange, gardenia, oakmoss and leather. On Chanel No. 19 I get greens and roses.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Pierre Balmain

    Yesterday, I went to the shops and try searching for Balmain or Caron's perfume. Unfortunately, I came home empty handed as non of the big retailers here carry them. Looks like I might just order it online from Strawberrynet.

    I will probbaly get Jolie Madame. (I like the name, and since there are quite a few supporters of it, I am sure it won't be that bad)

  12. #12
    Strange Accord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Missoula, Montana, United States
    Posts
    249

    Default Re: Pierre Balmain

    None of Balmain's current fragrances has a tuberose note. One of there current fragrances has a a bit of Heliotrope (Eau d'Ete 2004). But it is a limited 2004 edition, probably not findable, and, the note is ever so slight.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Pierre Balmain

    I finally found Jolie Madame, Vent Vert, Miss Balmain and Ivoire in Hong Kong. I bought Jolie Madame (it was a blind buy, as the store which sells it does not have any tester). I have been constantly sniffing myself today and I recognise the leather note. It reminds me of the new car upholstery. I must admit it wasn't a love at the first sight scent, but I will test it for a few days to learn and develop a relationship with it.

    Thanks everyone for answering my questions on Balmain.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Pierre Balmain

    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Accord
    None of Balmain's current fragrances has a tuberose note. One of there current fragrances has a a bit of Heliotrope (Eau d'Ete 2004). But it is a limited 2004 edition, probably not findable, and, the note is ever so slight.
    Actually, Jolie Madame is the only one that has Tuberose Absolute and it's quite noticeable.
    You can check it out on Balmain's official site and on a post i made here:

    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=188412

    hopefully Jolie Madame will sit better with time, Coconut!
    I am a big fan of Ivoire
    cheers!

  15. #15

    Default Re: Pierre Balmain

    Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux
    Actually, Jolie Madame is the only one that has Tuberose Absolute and it's quite noticeable.
    You can check it out on Balmain's official site and on a post i made here:

    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=188412

    hopefully Jolie Madame will sit better with time, Coconut!
    I am a big fan of Ivoire
    cheers!
    Hi castorpollux, thanks for links! I am very glad that it has a hint of tuberose

Similar Threads

  1. Pierre Cardin: An old friend comes home
    By GMF in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 13th June 2009, 04:36 AM
  2. My Paris experience: a review of Le Labo Vanilla 44; meeting Pierre Montale
    By scentophile in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2nd January 2008, 11:44 PM
  3. new Balmain
    By castorpollux in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd March 2007, 02:35 AM
  4. Jolie Madame by Pierre Balmain
    By RitaMae in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 6th May 2006, 02:42 PM
  5. New Balmain Eau d'Amazonie
    By cedriceccentric in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd March 2005, 06:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000