Code of Conduct

Red face Me?? Professional???

Okay, now, nobody laugh. Much. Flower girl needs a fragrance for professional meeting that says calm and confident, attractive not sexy, but with a bit of a edge. Now, usually I'd go for Bulgari pour Femme or wear nothing, but where's the edge in that? Today I considered SJP Lovely, SL Encens et Lavande, and Gendarme.

I'm so far out of my league. Which of the above would you choose for a profressional women? I'm 42 with the triple threat of short, pudgy, and quiet.

Also, what would you choose if you could choose anything?

Many thanks, my friends.

Post Re: Me?? Professional???

O.K I am sorry if this is not very helpful as I am only familiar with SJP Lovely of the three you mentioned. It is exactly as its name suggests but how does it make you feel and what is your perception of it? One fragrance which you might also like is Narciso Rodriguez For Her, a bit deeper and darker than Lovely but has strong similarities.
    When I wear Chanel No.19 I immediately feel focussed and 'put together', it's like the kind of instant confidence I get from wearing high heeled shoes
    (I am short too!).
    Be good to yourself and don't think you're out of your league, you will choose the best frag for yourself and I wish you all the best!

Default Re: Me?? Professional???

Dearest Shycat!
    Short and quiet, maybe, I don`t know. But what I know, is that you are B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L (you`ve posted to the member pics thread, remember?), with hair and eyes to die for! To feel more confident I guess you would need your beloved Kai or Matin Calin, but my suggestion would be SJP Lovely in this case. Then you can think the word "lovely", as in "I am lovely" during the meeting, and I`m sure it will turn out great.
    I`ll keep my fingers crossed!

Blog Entries

Shycat, you sound absolutely adorable to me... but I am also sure that adorable is not the image you wish to project at this forthcoming meeting.

Of the three mentioned I would pick SL Encens et Lavande as it will add that cool distance you want to support you during the meeting. I would say SJP Lovely was too softly feminine and Gendarme too fresh for the professional female image you wish to project.

Personally, I believe chypres are the height of professional scents with some aldehydic florals also being appropriate in the professional environment. There are some lovely floral chypres that may work for you.

May I suggest:
    Oscar de la Renta Classic
    Chanel No.5 EDP or parfum
    Jean Patou 1000 (Mille)
    Van Cleef & Arpels First
    Rochas Madame Rochas
    Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass
    Ivoire de Balmain
    Hermes Caleche
    Carven Ma Griffe (vintage if possible)

Good Luck!!
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I'm curious about the setting--who are the folks you're trying to impress? Mostly professional men? Maybe lead with your power scent: Fumerie Turque, lightly applied. Just cuz you associate it with g-r-r-r-rowl, doesn't mean others would.

I've recently been thinking about a dyamite woman I used to know: Peg Winnega, a a school secretary and a contributor to a newspaper social column. She had such a winning way with people of all ages. Oh, I forgot to mention, mostly because I almost never think of it: Peg was a dwarf.

We can't change our height. And, I believe, we can't do much to change our weight (we could have a long discussion about this in an "off topic" thread), but attitude is pretty damn pliable. I bet you're more powerful today than you recognize.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

Shycat, of your three I'd pick Encens et Lavande. If I could choose anything, I'd go with Habit Rouge or Tabac Blond. Good luck with your meeting, you'll be great. Oh, and I've seen your pic in the Member Photo thread, and you are lovely!

Best, Terry
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Overcome By Fumes

Chinatown, and good luck!

I have a feeling this meeting has alrady been, so hope it went well, and what did you pick?

The only one of the ones mentioned that I have sniffed is Lovely, and only from the bottle...but I love the name of Encens et Lavande, so I pick that anyway.

Well, I used lavender quite a bit with patients as it really had a nice calming effect. So E&L might make the people sitting next to you feel calm and relaxed! I know lavender has that effect on me, as does Roman chamomile (though Avignon would be going a bit far, and that's the only scent with chamomile I can think of). Don't worry, you'll do great!

You professional? why not!
    Among the ones you told, I've never smelled SJP Lovely but from what I read is a musky scent similar to Narciso Rodriguez, hence I'd go for Encense et Lavande, with the ashy-green lavender breeze giving a respectfully allure.
    If I'd have to choose, good suggestions seems

Van Cleef & Arpels First
    Dior Miss Dior
    Aromatics Elixir
    Calix
    Krizia Teatro alla Scala
    L'Eau d'Issey

Haven't tried the Serge Lutens you mentioned, but the other two and out of those I think I would go with Gendarme. Lovely is LOVELY but gives off quite the romantic vibe to me. If it was me (and I don't care much about male or female frags) I would probably wear Bvlgari Eau Parfumée Au Thé Blanc or L'Artisan L'Eau de L'Artisan. At least the Bvlgari would be perfect on anyone inmo. I use it when I don't want to make much of a statement, but smell good none the less.

bleu autumn haze

Of the three you mentioned, I think SL Encens et Lavande hits the feel you are wanting the most.

Best of luck!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Thank you all! Yes, the meeting went well, accompanied by Encens et Lavande. I spoke well, which was kinda surreal.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    Thank you all! Yes, the meeting went well, accompanied by Encens et Lavande. I spoke well, which was kinda surreal.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    I'm happy to hear you took the situation high C from the chest... Ya know what I mean... lol