Code of Conduct

Default GIT and VE - 2 aquatics?

I know at least one other person who agrees with me that GIT has an oceanic drydown. If 2 people agree it must be objective, a psychotic woman once told me. Why don't the reviews ever mention this? Are we insane?

And one of the most interesting things about the scent to me is that I smell water, fresh water this time. Does anyone else get this? It's a very prominent note of the fragrance, I think: fresh water.

Default Re: GIT and VE - 2 aquatics?

what's the temperature of that water you smell?
    warm? tepid? cool?
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I get a bit of ocean too, the most likely culprit is the inheirent nature of the ambergris.

I'd hardly call VE an aquatic though. GIT--perhaps.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

I smell water!!! I'd say cool water, no allusion intended, spring water, a bubbling spring...

but maybe hot water has a stronger scent?

I can smell it! Water isn't odorless!

Vetiver Extraordinaire? An aquatic? I dont know what gave you that idea !
    -

GIT: There is definitely a "mineral" water smell on drydown. I find it pleasant and unique. It is not the Creed note.

VE: I too find there to be a slight aquatic scent, but not as pronounced.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

I don't perceive anything oceanic about either one of them.

With five woody notes, Vetiver Extraordinaire is best described as a classic/crisp woody scent. Green Irish Tweed is a fresh fougere with no evidence of anything oceanic. The oceanic/marine Creeds are Millesime Imperial, Erolfa and Silver Mountain Water.

Not the slightest hint of any oceanic/watery/aquatic in GIT. At least, not in the sense of say Aqua Mutu, which I don't like, but which is pure seawater.
    Though, maybe my senses fool me, as I don't find any aquatic in Laguna PH, which many basenoters claim does have lots of it.

Post Re: GIT and VE - 2 aquatics?

Aqua Motu isn't water to me, it's light coke after ice has melted. Diluted light coke. Not too nice

again in VE I'm not talking seawater, talking fresh water!!

no salt! not oceanic at all.... agreed! but it smells like. . . a lake

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky
    again in VE I'm not talking seawater, talking fresh water!!

no salt! not oceanic at all.... agreed! but it smells like. . . a lake
    I think it is the (rather strong) pink pepper note you mean? I had never thought of it like that, but if I try I think I can see what you mean.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews