Code of Conduct

Default Jil and me, back in the day

Wow, I opened a bottle full of memories today. At last I got an affordable bottle of Jil Sander Man (Pure, released 1981), my first signature scent, so to say. It was only my second perfume after Azarro and the first I really fell in love with. Must of been around 1990. When I tried to get it again in the mid nineties it must have already been discontinued. So, I spray this on and it's as if my brain goes on rewind. Its exactly how I remember it and it brings back a deluge of memories of university, friends, my old place, the music I listened to then (lots of Peter Hammill & Kate Bush). What a trip. I don't think I can repeat it either, with the hundred-odd frags I have now, this phase of my life is not associated with one particular perfume (well, maybe if a perfume delivery truck crashes into my house in 2025 that will trigger memories of 2006?).

Apart from the personal aspect, this is still the best damn fragrance Jil Sander ever put out. And I'm so glad I have it back, a whoppin' 125ml. Every day's a good day with my baby, but this made it even better

Now how about you. What frag makes you ride the memory train?
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Default Re: Jil and me, back in the day

Back in the late 80's Drakkar Noir was about as popular as AdG is now, and i wore it while driving my first car, a '79 red and black Ford Mustang with tinted windows and booming stereo system. And i always got complemented on my scent as well as my car. Great times!

KO
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I always wondered as to how Jil Sander is pronounced. I assumed since it was a German company, it was pronounced the german way - Yill Zander (phonetics). And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Jil is a man's name.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life
    Wow, I opened a bottle full of memories today. At last I got an affordable bottle of Jil Sander Man (Pure, released 1981), my first signature scent, so to say. It was only my second perfume after Azarro and the first I really fell in love with. Must of been around 1990. When I tried to get it again in the mid nineties it must have already been discontinued. So, I spray this on and it's as if my brain goes on rewind. Its exactly how I remember it and it brings back a deluge of memories of university, friends, my old place, the music I listened to then (lots of Peter Hammill & Kate Bush). What a trip. I don't think I can repeat it either, with the hundred-odd frags I have now, this phase of my life is not associated with one particular perfume (well, maybe if a perfume delivery truck crashes into my house in 2025 that will trigger memories of 2006?).

Apart from the personal aspect, this is still the best damn fragrance Jil Sander ever put out. And I'm so glad I have it back, a whoppin' 125ml. Every day's a good day with my baby, but this made it even better

My father gave me a mini-frag set in high-school that had JS Feeling Man in it. Oh, to have a bottle again. It would certainly lead to memory burn!
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy
    I always wondered as to how Jil Sander is pronounced. I assumed since it was a German company, it was pronounced the german way - Yill Zander (phonetics). And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Jil is a man's name.
    Jil I would pronounce Jil. It is not a German first name, and if you look at web pictures of Jil - they're all girls. Sander pronounce Zunder.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life
    Azzaro Pour Homme
    Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
    Drakkar Noir
    Polo
    Habit Rouge (vintage formulation)
    Guerlain Vetiver (vintage formulation)
    Eau Sauvage
    Bijan for Men
    Armani Eau Pour Homme

That's a great story good_life. Thanks.

My flashback scent would have to be: Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui. In 1984 I was in Grade 5, my Dad had some in the bathroom, and with a dash of that, along with a Polo shirt, I would be swaggering it up at the Patroller Dance.

However I haven't tried it since then, and its probably not all that hard to get. So I Should go out and try it!... I'll be conscientous when I do not to break out in a 'Moonwalk".

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy
    Maybe it'a because im German-American, but I alays pronounce it "Jill" (like the American name) and "Zander" (German). I believe that's correct. Gil is a man's name, but whatever, Jil is definitely a lady.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.