Code of Conduct

Default A*Men VS. Corduroy VS. Burberry London

I own all three of these, and I feel like I might only need two. They all fit into the edible-smelling part of my wardrobe and I like them all very much.

The A*Men's emphasis lies in its chocolate/vanilla/caramel/coffee

The Burberry's emphasis lies in its tea/spice/tobacco

and the Corduroy's emphasis lies in its cinnamon/cake and wood

I think these are different enough to justify ownership of all three, but at the same time, I wonder if I'd wear the corduroy over the other two. THey are all so yummy. Wait, what was my point again?
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Default Re: A*Men VS. Corduroy VS. Burberry London

London has one of the nicest cinnamon notes out there: it seems to bond with the black pepper and leather notes which in turn removes all the foody associations that cinnamon can wind up having in a fragrance. A much more easy-going fragrance than A*Men ... haven't tried Corduroy yet, though.
    ..."net", not "naut".

A*Men has a stronger mossy patchouli note then Vanilla. I can hardly pickup the Vanilla. But I would choose A*men over the rest, I just love the stuff.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

I love both equally however, London has outrageous longevity on my skin and (unless I spray my shirt, coat, hair.. etc with it) it's gone within 30min. Hence I'd choose A*Men over London as it lasts whole day. I'd keep Corduroy as well.

I have a sample vial of A*men and can't seem to find a day to wear it. It does not really spark my interest. It is a unique scent but I tend to look for scents with more depth. The only place I could see myself wearing it is the club or a party. Other than that it serves no purpose to me. Corduroy reminds me a Obsession mixed with Tobacco. I guess it's the cinnamon in it that does that. Corduroy is a good scent but the dry down on my skin smelt like chewing tobbaco. I never smelled London but I respect Burberry as a brand. If I had to get rid of two it would be A*Men and Corduroy. Wait, I already did give Corduroy away, to you.

I like London best of those three. Second would probably be.... hmm.. I'm actually not too fond of the other two but I do like Corduroy better than A*Men. A*men is still too sweet for me. I like the drydown but it's not worth waiting over an hour for it to reach that point.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMist
    I have a sample vial of A*men and can't seem to find a day to wear it. It does not really spark my interest. It is a unique scent but I tend to look for scents with more depth. The only place I could see myself wearing it is the club or a party. Other than that it serves no purpose to me. Corduroy reminds me a Obsession mixed with Tobacco. I guess it's the cinnamon in it that does that. Corduroy is a good scent but the dry down on my skin smelt like chewing tobbaco. I never smelled London but I respect Burberry as a brand. If I had to get rid of two it would be A*Men and Corduroy. Wait, I already did give Corduroy away, to you.
    Give A*Men a wearing. It actually has a ton of depth. You're right though in that it's a good scent to wear to a party because it has such good sillage. I haven't tried London, but I'd EASILY take A*Men over Cord.

I havn't tried Longdon yet but I find nothing amazing about Corduroy and A*Men is simply too synthetically sweet for my nose. I'd say ditch all 3 and call it a day.