Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what is the Expiry term of edt, edp?

if I store them in dark wardrobe?
    is there any term of expiry?

once I bought Chanel Egoiste in Vilnius and on the box in Lithuanian there was a term - about 4 years
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) F. Malle 1-19 2) Chanel Bel Respiro 3) TF Noir de Noir 4) Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel 3) Dominique Ropion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: what is the Expiry term of edt, edp?

I had my bottle of Egoïste for almost 8 years... it never went off on me.

I'm sure it probably depends on how the fragrance is made, but most should last quite a while.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got some bottles of Andron by Jovan purchased in the early 80's which are still good. It ultimately depends on how chemically reactive things in the fragrance are. Some will last a long time, others will go off after a couple of years. How things are stored will impact longevity naturally, heat and light are your fragrance’s enemies. As a general statement I would say that synthetic based fragrances will typically last longer then natural based fragrances. Again, this is a general statement and when you get down to specific fragrances that may or may not hold true.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamerII
    if I store them in dark wardrobe?
    is there any term of expiry?

once I bought Chanel Egoiste in Vilnius and on the box in Lithuanian there was a term - about 4 years
    Call me crazy, but i have never heard of Chanel printing expiration dates on their boxes...is that what you wrote?
    I have had Égoïste bottles that lasted for years and never went bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux
    Call me crazy, but i have never heard of Chanel printing expiration dates on their boxes...is that what you wrote?
    I have had Égoïste bottles that lasted for years and never went bad.

It was not on an Egoiste box. It was a shop's stick in Lithuanian: there was written a producer - chanel....etc.
    and expiry date - till 2007 january; and I bought the bottle on december 2003
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) F. Malle 1-19 2) Chanel Bel Respiro 3) TF Noir de Noir 4) Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel 3) Dominique Ropion

All right, so i guess it's not official then. Still the chanel frags don't bad , unless you got a fake or didn't care for it properly. That would apply for other houses as well. Also there's the point of wether you use a sprayer or a non-spray bottle, since hand manipulation can change the scent; and many other factors too.

I heard that if the fragrance is exposed to heat and light it will go off? Is that true?

I keep my fragrances in my bedroom shelf, it's exposed of course to the bedroom light at night and the day light in the afternoon, is that bad for my fragrances?

Light exposure without a doubt will fry your frag , always keep them out of direct sunlight pref in a dark place

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Light exposure without a doubt will fry your frag , always keep them out of direct sunlight pref in a dark place
    Oh man, I've left my fragrances out on the shelf for sometime now...a few months...hope they aren't affected much....I just thought of leaving them there because the light exposure isn't so bad, some weak rays from the sun seeping through the windows and the bedroom lights....we're not talking about a halogen lamp shining directly on it hahaha

It varies. Some vintage scents decades old still smell wonderful. European companies are now using expiry dates stamped on boxes and bottles.

Storing in cool places away from light will help.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.