Code of Conduct

Default Parfums Raffy - anyone order from them recently?

I went through 2012 without ordering from Raffy even once. Just have my other favorite sources right now. However, I perused their website yesterday and saw some tempting items with good prices. Their website irritates me, or rather, their inattention to it. There's stuff on it that has been sold out for years now, why they can't update their major sales tool, I don't know.

Anyway, aside from a few minor hiccups, I always had an alright experience with Parfums Raffy. Just wondering if anyone had recent opinions - I'd love to hear any and all. Thanks so much.

Default Re: Parfums Raffy - anyone order from them recently?

Many times without problems

Basenotes Plus

The one and only time I ordered from them, they cancelled my order without even an e-mail explaining they were out of stock and would no longer be offering it. I didn't care they had something on their website that was no longer in stock, but for the fact they couldn't even give the courtesy of sending an e-mail to alert me of the problem. I only found out when I did a search on the order status.

Needless to say, there are many other companies that appreciate my business.

I have a few times. I love that site. They ship super fast and they are reasonably priced.

The folks at Parfum Raffy are little to serious and stingy. You have to ask to hold the bottles. They charge California tax and they don't offer discounts. There samples are more expensive than anywhere else that I know of. The people there never smile and they question you if you try fragrances out but don't buy something. They don't allow you to spray anything on the testing paper they spray it for you and when they do it is half of a spray. Very stingy. They watch you with a cynical look when you browse around. They act as if they have been robbed before. This is the last place I will buy any fragrances. The only good thing I can say about them is they have authentic products.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy1985 View Post
    They charge California tax and they don't offer discounts.
    Aren't they based in California and obliged by California law to charge tax on sales sent to California addresses? Not sure why that would be a surprise unless there's something I missed.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Yes they're based in California and are required to charge tax. I'm not sure about other states. Its a accumulation of all the things I mentioned that rates this store to the never buy fragrances from list. Just my experience of course. Result may vary. Luckyscent charges tax as well but there positives outweigh the negative. Samples are cheaper. They smile and don't eyeball you when you browsing. They let you spray the fragrance yourself etc.

HI!

Not sure why this old thread is in General but we'll move it over to the Shopping section.

Thanks!
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Only had one online order with them but it was good service with quick responses to email inquiries I sent. I got 4 Amouage samples and that purchase turned me onto thier beautiful fragrances. Still have most of my interlude man sample since one spray seems to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was going to start a new thread but saw this first.

Just received an order that I had made with them. Took about a week to get to Singapore.....order was accurately filled, well packed and 6 samples I asked for were taped to one of the perfumes. Flawless experience...I can only imagine its a lot faster if youre in the US.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Tester View Post

Just received an order that I had made with them. Took about a week to get to Singapore.....order was accurately filled, well packed and 6 samples I asked for were taped to one of the perfumes. Flawless experience...I can only imagine its a lot faster if youre in the US.

Shipping from the US is very expensive, have you tried Essenza Nobile in Germany? Shipping is 10 euros or free if above 250 euros. They're flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tester View Post

Glad your experience was positive. Have personally only had good experiences. Haven't ordered from them in a while. Not for any reason other than they didn't have anything new I needed.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.