Code of Conduct

Default Best Sillage, Longest Lasting, Fall Scent...

I have ordered some fragrances lately and have been disappointed because they are so short lived and the sillage is terrible. So, I am looking for some wonderful Fall fragrance recommendations. Thanks in advance!

Thrax

Default Re: Best Sillage, Longest Lasting, Fall Scent...

Opium PH EDP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know...I bought that when it originally was released and I loved it. I will look for it again. Thanks!

I remember looking for this before and running into a brick wall. How do you find the edp online? Ebay doesn't have it and google only mentioned the basenotes page. Any suggestions?

Blog Entries

Givenchy Pi & Lolita Lempicka au masculine are great choices, if you like vanilla.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Caron Third Man!!! For sure. If I were a mutant with 5 arms, I'd give it 5 thumbs up. The opening is a bit jumbled for about 20 minutes, but when it calms down and starts to develop, WOW! It's perfect and puts out warm, inviting, luxurious sillage all day.

Gucci PH is another good one. Almost too strong for many situations, but it smells wonderful.

Lets see. Bel Ami is powerful and lasts a long time if you're into leathers.

I suppose Antaeus is a fall scent. I'm not too fond of the patchouli in the heart of it, but you might enjoy it. It lasts and lasts.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

nearfantastica

I second the Opium rec.... that stuff never goes away. The one fragrance that lasts, like no other fragrance..on me... is Malle's Musc Ravageur.. but it is hard to find and insanely expensive. Fall scents that I can think of that have pretty good longevity are... M7, Burberry Brit, Visit by Azzaro, Versace's the Dreamer and Obsession for Men.

a.

Egoiste!

Dior Homme, Gucci pour Homme, or M7

nearfantastica

It's odd.. I've seen a lot of you suggest Gucci PH as a strong scent on longevity. I've always found it rather light. On initial application it's quite present, but I find that it disappears pretty quickly. I am always marveled, no matter how many times I witness it, how diverse the reactions of fragrances can be different skins. It keeps things interesting. Maybe I'll give the old Gucci PH another try...

a.

Blog Entries

Tiffany for men
    LUSH Karma
    Royal Secret II for men
    SL Arabie
    TBS Woody Sandalwood
    YSL M7
    Fendi Donna (awesome on a man)
    SL Ambre Sultan
    TBS Javari - spicier, less cloying twin to JPG Le Male
    Obsession pour homme
    Balenciaga pour homme
    Halston Z-14
    SL Fumerie Turque
    Diesel Zero Plus Masculine

Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Basenotes Plus

Sables
    Jaipur Homme
    Ambre Sultan
    Musc Ravageur
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Fumerie Turque or Cuir Mauresque by Serge Lutens has good sillage and is long lasting on me. Also, Cuba by Czech and Speake works well. Good luck!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Floris Santal

Very versatile and lasts.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger.
    There is really nothing to be said about it.
    It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.

--W. Somerset Maugham

My Wardrobe

I guess that it's good that we're all different, but doesn't anyone else think that A*men is a great scent for cooler weather, lasts forever, and gives off a huge amount of sillage that smells great to most everyone?

Jeff

Habit Rouge EDT
    M7
    JHL
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Jaipur edp, VC & A's

Quote Originally Posted by wicozani
    I guess that it's good that we're all different, but doesn't anyone else think that A*men is a great scent for cooler weather, lasts forever, and gives off a huge amount of sillage that smells great to most everyone?

Jeff
    I think of it as a winter scent. To me, fall scents are equally at home in mild, warmish weather and sub-freezing days. Normally, I'm pretty permissive about what works when, but A-men seems to be one of the few that NEEDS to be worn when it's cold.

Then again, I suppose this whole debate depends on the wearer's latitude.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by wicozani

Jeff
    My thoughts exactley my friend. I may just wear A*men tomorrow. It's probably in my top 10 of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by nearfantastica
    It's odd.. I've seen a lot of you suggest Gucci PH as a strong scent on longevity. I've always found it rather light. On initial application it's quite present, but I find that it disappears pretty quickly. I am always marveled, no matter how many times I witness it, how diverse the reactions of fragrances can be different skins. It keeps things interesting. Maybe I'll give the old Gucci PH another try...

a.
    A transformation occurs in the nature of the overall accord which can make it seem as if the scent is fading but it's one of the longest lasting fragrances I own. Codmystical and incence-laden with a tenacious and long-lasing dry down. The high quality cedar accord is prominent but for me the incense has always been the most compelling feature of Gucci Pour Homme. The sillage from this one can be mesmerizing. Spray it one someone you know and see what you think. It works extremely well on women as well. It's one of the best things I've ever smelled on my girlfriend.

I definitely recommend Jaipur Pour Homme EDP. When I wear it, I don't have to worry about how long it lasts.

Others that last exceptionally long with impressive sillage are:
    M7
    Chergui
    Fumerie Turque
    Le Male
    A*men

Quote Originally Posted by Odorifera
    Floris Santal

Very versatile and lasts.
    Nice frag but in my experience the longevity isn't good at all. There is an extreme version though.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

Post Re: Best Sillage, Longest Lasting, Fall Scent...

Paintrman, if you are not yet familiar with L'Homme Sage, I beg you; give it a shot! It's my number one fall scent at the moment. To quote the directory, it makes me want to burst my pantaloons. Fumerie Turque would be my second suggestion, but I prefer the Divine scent. It's more versatile, but not at all quiet or conservative.

Lightbulb Re: Best Sillage, Longest Lasting, Fall Scent...

Paintrman, I'd go with Cristobal pour homme by Balenciaga. It's ambery, warm and spicy, slightly sweet and foody. Very elegant. You can choose between the regular Edt or the lighter Cologne d'Orient, which lasts anyway.

I wonder why nobody ever mentions this faboulous fragrance, which I enjoy right now that's getting colder.

Hugs. W

Maybe Original Santal (Creed) might be good for fall. It didn't impress me in summer, though. Lasting power is outstanding, could imagine the same in terms of sillage. It's a smooth one, don't believe those who denounce it to be blatant. (Question of application, as usual).

Default Re: Fall Scents With Best Sillage & Longevity

Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene, Egoiste (NOT the "Platinum") by Chanel, Pour Monsieur (pref. the concentree version) by Chanel, JHL by Aramis, Cinnabar by Estee Lauder (yes, believe it or not!), Opium Pour Homme (pref. the EDP version) by Yves St. Laurent, Gucci PH by Gucci, Musc Ravageur by Frederic Malle, Havana Reserva by Aramis, Rive Gauche Pour Homme (pref. the Intense Version) by Yves St. Laurent, Vetiver by Guerlain, Vetiver by Carven, Jockey Club by Caswell Massey, Kouros by Yves St. Laurent, Body Kouros by Yves St. Laurent, Caron Pour Un Homme by Caron, Pi by Givenchy, Gentleman by Givenchy, H.O.T. Always by Bond No. 9

Interestingly there is a thread going right now about SL Cedre, which is most certainly IMO an autumn type of scent. Some people don't seem to like it, but I enjoyed the couple of samples I had.

It's so long lasting it's almost indestructible and has breathtaking sillage. If you don't like tuberose then avoid!
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman
    I have ordered some fragrances lately and have been disappointed because they are so short lived and the sillage is terrible. So, I am looking for some wonderful Fall fragrance recommendations. Thanks in advance!
    M7 (awesome agarwood note)

One man show (recent discovery for me - warm, woody with awesome sillage)

New Haarlem (hot coffee!)

Baie De Genievre (cinnamon leaves, juniper berry, creates excellent sillage, decent longevtiy)

Van Cleef pour homme (leather and rose, very longlasting and a sillage monster)
    -

I have M7 Fresh but have never tried M7. I don't mind sweet frags so will give this one a try. How does New Harlam compare to Leau de Navegateur (or Eau des Iles)? I love spicey coffee scents.

As you can tell from the SL Cedre thread...I really don't like this fragrance. Even though it fits my request...nasty stuff, in my opinion.

Thanks everyone for such great recommendations...I have a lot of work ahead of me and lots of testers in my future. I didn't used to like heavy scents and now I really like them...even in hot weather. I live in Mexico and it's easy to find citrus colognes but not much else. My sotd is Casual Friday which is another brilliant Fall fragrance.

Thanks again.

Lorenzo villoresi spezie if applied by dabbing is very spicy and herbaceous and lasts for hours on my skin .

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman
    How does New Harlam compare to Leau de Navegateur (or Eau des Iles)? I love spicey coffee scents.
    If you ask me, New Haarlem is a totally different animal than Leau du Navigateur and Eau des Iles. NH is a very syrupy sweet gourmad while the others mentioned are very dry, smokey, and lack sweetness. New Haarlem is more along the lines of A*men and Rochas Man in terms of its coffee accord IMO.