Code of Conduct

Default Review: Uomo? Moschino by Moschino

I have developed a love-hate relationship with this smell. It has an interesting contrast between sweet and spicy that makes it pretty unique. I tend to dislike overbearing sweet frags and Uomo? Moschino is just sweet enough to fit the bill. Whenever I put on this frag I canít help but feel like an Italian gigolo. Itís best described as an Italian man candy scent. Putting this cologne on the top notes hit me and for the first 10 minutes, a weird smell of lemon Lysol is all I can get from this cologne. This is probably due to the notes of kumquat and Coriander. This part of the cologne does not really strike me a pleasant and I am turned off by it every time I put it on. Thankfully, the middle and heart notes come in to save the day. Without them, this scent would be an average scent that brings nothing to the table. The notes of cinnamon and cyclamen give off a sweet spicy and floral smell that is pre-dominantly sweet. The note of lemon is always lurking in the background during the time the scent is on my skin. This is where the progression of the scent stops for me. It might get more spicier with a note of cedar wood but it sweetness sticks to my skin and never lets go. This is not a bad scent but it is nothing special for me either. I would suggest this cologne for someone who does like sweet smelling fragrances or scents that smell very lemony. If you like scents with more spice and woody smells, then Uomo? Moschino will not cut it.

Default Re: Review: Uomo? Moschino by Moschino

Anyone have opnions about this scent?

For me, this is a completely sensational scent from start to finish, although I like the middle and end notes the best. It projects well and lasts long. I enjoy using it with the soap bar, spray deodorant and after shave. I've gotten compliments from feamles while wearing it.

Over the years, this scent has made its way to my favorites list. It's light but packs on pleasant olfactory punch. I don't know about smellng like "Italian man candy" (great phrase, KingMist!), but it does not strike me as being at all feminine. Plus, it lasts a long time when sprayed on clothing. I think Moschino Uomo's popularity would grow if more Basenoters would give it a try....

The italian man candy phrase can be credited to serprent. That is how he described it when he suggested it to me.

It's certainly a very different scent - more odd than many of the odd niche ones/ somewhat androgynous - I'm always surprised that more here aren't taken by it.

I can't see that the candy phrase is applicable, I can think of a dozen scents such a phrase would be applicable to, but I wouldn't have thought it misleading to apply it to Uomo? Moschino.

I can't say I've been very taken with any of the Moschino male offerings. But, by way of contrast, I've bought numerous female Moschino scents - girls and women love receiving them as presents - many of them have later again thanked me for the bottle of "Mosquito".
    Renato

I tested this once at Sephora and I liked it. I really liked it. But alas I passed it on for some unknown reason of mine. Never went back to it but it always catches my eye and I always want to test it again but for some reason, I never do.

Kind of weird....

I used to love this cologne but man has it changed. The new version smells like a bad version of chemistry by clinque when it opens. That is if you can get over the initial chemical blast. Once it settles down a slight whiff of the old fragrance comes through but the chemical complexities never completely fade. It also leaves a tingling/burning feeling on the skin. Is this common now?

I wrote a complaint email to moschino. This is one scent that would do better off the market. Too bad it was an extremely unique scent...gone.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    This is one scent that would do better off the market.
    Agree.

I find this frag unique and like it a lot. I will revisit it now that its up for discussion - I havnt worn it in a while...
    LOOKING FOR DECANTS OF ANY O. Durbano, ANY Hilde Soliana, BOISE VANILLE, COLOGNE POUR LE SOIR, MUSC RAVEGEUR, AND ROSE 31 TO SWAP:.:wink

i do have a sample.

i like it, i'm not in love but i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    I used to love this cologne but man has it changed. The new version smells like a bad version of chemistry by clinque when it opens. That is if you can get over the initial chemical blast. Once it settles down a slight whiff of the old fragrance comes through but the chemical complexities never completely fade. It also leaves a tingling/burning feeling on the skin. Is this common now?

I wrote a complaint email to moschino. This is one scent that would do better off the market. Too bad it was an extremely unique scent...gone.
    Could'nt agree more ! Had the original version, bought in Italy when it came out, but the new version, wicht I bought couple of months ago, man man, what a difference ! Stay away from this !!

First and foremost, thanks for the review

To me, it's actually one of the sweet, near-gourmand scents I actually enjoy, yes, it is casual and youthful, but not that flat and generic as not to be suitable, in any way, for mature wearers and formal outfits

It has a surprisingly complex edge to it

Wow, talk about one heckuva "bump". Why not just put up a new thread when Basenotes admin leaves a message stating that really old threads ( as such) need not be bumped.

Quote Originally Posted by renzo View Post
    Could'nt agree more ! Had the original version, bought in Italy when it came out, but the new version, wicht I bought couple of months ago, man man, what a difference ! Stay away from this !!
    This is really too bad and makes me want to try the older version. I had a bottle of this a couple of years ago ( almost). I swapped it off, but I assume I had the newer version. I'd love to smell the differences.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Banned

I used to love this fragrance before reformulation! It was a guaranteed compliment getter and smelt really good. The new version is simply mediocre, it doesn't have the gravitas that the old one had but I tend to wear it when I can't decide what to wear or to mooch around the house. Such a shame that they had to mess around with it!

Strangely enough, most of the comments ( the older ones from 5 years ago) echo what I smelled from my bottle.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

i own an older bottle and have sampled the newer one as well. I find the older perfume has less of that artificial lemony smell at the beginning.. anyone else feels the same? unfortunately, i think just from the box or bottle, it is impossible to tell whether it is vintage or not, u need to smell it physically. seems to be getting hard to find. for those who like the scent, better grab a bottle before it's gone for good.

Sorry to bump this up again, but I was looking at this fragrance again, anyone else had any issues with the newer incarnations?
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Basenotes Member

Well, I guess I wont try it. This is one frag that I have been wanting to try for about two years. I was just about to order a bottle blind then I thought, let me go back to basenotes and read some more reviews; ALAS, I found this one. I don’t get why a company would change a good sent, is it the $$?

Honestly, I am very disappointed; I was so looking forward to this.

Is or was it anything like Aqua di Parma Colonia?

Quote Originally Posted by buddym View Post
    Well, I guess I wont try it. This is one frag that I have been wanting to try for about two years. I was just about to order a bottle blind then I thought, let me go back to basenotes and read some more reviews; ALAS, I found this one. I don’t get why a company would change a good sent, is it the $$?

Honestly, I am very disappointed; I was so looking forward to this.

Is or was it anything like Aqua di Parma Colonia?
    Hi Buddym... i hoped these posts did not deter u from buying a bottle of this. i think it is being discontinued. Dun see this being displayed anymore. Old or newer bottle, they are still GREAT value for your money. Long lasting and still a very good scent!

I like it. To me it's a fragrance for those who like Le Male but find it cloying.

Used this one back in the day but I prefer the new Moschino Forever.
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?