Code of Conduct

Thread: Sampled today

Default Sampled today

I've been to the department store where they have some new lines .

Some thoughts, for what they are worth:

Miller Harris Feuille de Tabac (EDP) - Very disappointed with this. Had high hopes as I loved Citron Citron. It is a spicy accord with some quite sanatised tobacco which lacks any punch to me. A sort of warm mess with some sharpness. Really not impressed by this.

Miller Harris - Tangerine Vert (EDP) - A very green, very tangerine frag. Not too sweet, quite natural. Not bad. Not good. Not much after the initial blast. On a very hot day, this may work for me. Overall, a bit disappointing.

Acqua Di Parma Blu Med. The orange "relaxing" one. Very good but sweet orange frag. Amazing duration. Some light green and maybe a touch of tobacco or something spicy, but in very small quantity. A similar base to the cyprus one from this range. Very impressive silage. A really good frag, perhaps a little sweet for my taste but could be great on a hot humid evening, sitting outside and sipping.

Creed Santal Imperial - short on the santal but I quite like the light powdery sharp spice. Starts like that, endures well, ends like that. Subtle but on the right person at the right time this could be impressive.Perhaps more of an aura than a smell.

"Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Default Re: Sampled today

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    Creed Santal Imperial - short on the santal but I quite like the light powdery sharp spice. Starts like that, endures well, ends like that. Subtle but on the right person at the right time this could be impressive.Perhaps more of an aura than a smell.
    Santal Imperial is not a powerful scent but if it's short on sandalwood then I must be anosmic. It's some of the purest, high-quality sandalwood I've ever smelled in a fragrance. Sandalwood based frags can be a little less interesting than some others. I know there are those who perceive this one that way, but it's a hell of a fragrance either way. I know scentemental would back me up on this. Where are you man?!

I'm glad you found it pleasant. I understand what you mean about it creating an aura because it just oozes class.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    Santal Imperial is not a powerful scent but if it's short on sandalwood then I must be anosmic. It's some of the purest, high-quality sandalwood I've ever smelled in a fragrance. Sandalwood based frags can be a little less interesting than some others. I know there are those who perceive this one that way, but it's a hell of a fragrance either way. I know scentemental would back me up on this. Where are you man?!

I'm glad you found it pleasant. I understand what you mean about it creating an aura because it just oozes class.
    I did wonder if the bottle was good. It was an unboxed tester in a lit glass case which I think I saw there several months ago. May well have lost some potency. The satal which is there in the one I smelled is a good sharp one, but quite subdued. It is definately featured; there are not lots of other notes surrounding (cluttering?) it.

edit - and I have to say this endures very well. I sprayed once twelve hours ago and I'm still smelling it now.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 9th October 2006 at 11:04 PM.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

reviews

I consider Santal Imperial to be a very disappointing fragrance. Its a linear sandalwood (cant smell much of it) fragrance with poor longevity. And its very expensive. I may actually prefer Original Santal *gasp*
    -

It's quite clear from my posts that I am not a real Creed fan, but I will say that Santal Imperial is the one Creed fragrance that excites me. A complex spectrum of citrus notes extended and blended beautifully with an austere tonka/sandalwood finishes that manages to keep the fragrance bitter and focused, but never sharp and nor sweet, nor diffuse. It's drydown, unlike many Creeds is dynamic and it has, unlike many Creeds, through the heart notes and basenotes some serious longevity. I find it a very uplifting. Definitely, one "hell of a fragrance."

Original Santal, Creed's first serious foray towards a more modern formulation, is certainly not as original as Santal Imperial, not even in the same league actually. This is the one case in which I actually believe all the hype about high quality natural ingredients.

Hirch_Duckfinder, I have found Santal Imperial prone to going off. It requires very careful storage, like most of the older Creeds actually.

scentemental
    Last edited by scentemental; 9th October 2006 at 11:14 PM.

Wow really Pluran ?? I may have to go and test it again then! I tried it three times, and struck out all three times with it.

It will be interesting to see what Scentemental thinks of it.

EDIT: Posted this about the same time as Scentementals comments
    -

Amen to the sandalwood statement. It is the best sandalwood scent that I can think of. It is just fantastic and I can't wait to own a bottle. I just have to decide... a winter of Rocky Mountain snowboarding or a few bottles of amazing cologne. I'm not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    Amen to the sandalwood statement. It is the best sandalwood scent that I can think of. It is just fantastic and I can't wait to own a bottle. I just have to decide... a winter of Rocky Mountain snowboarding or a few bottles of amazing cologne. I'm not sure yet.

Snowboarding! always choose experiences over possessions!

reviews