Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Smile Jicky for men, Jicky for woman. Are they the same

I have noticed there are two different Jickys listed on Perfume websites. The Jicky for men seems rare and the Jicky for women seems to be more available. Are these two different scents all together or not?

Rick

Default Re: Jicky for men, Jicky for woman. Are they the same

There is neither Jicky for Men nor Jicky for Women, just plain old Jicky, actually.

However, it is available as EDT and EDP. There is a chance someone may believe the EDT is for men while the EDP is for women.

Traditionally I've seen Jicky targeted more at women, but a man can wear this just as well. I think Sean Connery wears it according to the BN directory.

I have the EDT... very nice. It is a great lavender frag with a bit of Shalimar in the background. I haven't tried the EDP.
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

To my nose the EDP is for women, the parfum is unisex. Haven't smelled the EDT.

The initial response to the post is correct, there are no separate monsieur et mademoiselle versions of Jicky. Guerlain lists Jicky under the women's fragrances directory, although it is also well suited to men as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterK
    There is neither Jicky for Men nor Jicky for Women, just plain old Jicky, actually.
    However, it is available as EDT and EDP. There is a chance someone may believe the EDT is for men while the EDP is for women.
    Traditionally I've seen Jicky targeted more at women, but a man can wear this just as well. I think Sean Connery wears it according to the BN directory.
    I have the EDT... very nice. It is a great lavender frag with a bit of Shalimar in the background. I haven't tried the EDP.
    Do you happen to know why the directory has classified it as uniscent? I thought the directory primarily reflects classifactions made by the fragrance house, but in practice there seem to be deviations. Does anybody have an idea who is responsible for these?
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

When Jicky first came out, unisex fragrances were about all that existed. Caswell-Massey and Penhaligon (among others) might target men with this fragrance or that, but -- by and large -- Georgian and Victorian era scents tended to be unisex.