Code of Conduct

Default Dolce & Gabbana "By Man" - Thinking of blind buying - Your thoughts?

Ok, I was browsing around at the perfume section of the local grocery store, and I happened to see this stuff on clearence special for an absolutely amazing price. This stuff is normally extremely expensive at the department stores for a designer cologne.

Basically, I looked in the directory and this stuff seems to have received pretty much universally positive reviews. Looking at the notes it seems like it just might be the kind of thing I'm looking for as well. The description of it as a very "animalistic" scent, lol whatever that means, intrigues me too.

I was just wondering if any of you guys have tried this and had any advice on it? The problem with this one is, I'd like to try it out, but I have very, very rarely seen this one at any department stores or places where a tester of it is available, so trying it out won't be easy.

Just seems like something intriguing, and the price on it is most definitely right. Worth a try?

Thrax

Default Re: Dolce & Gabbana "By Man" - Thinking of blind buying - Your thoughts?

I've never smelled it. BUT, if you get it for a good price, buy it anyway. If you dont like it I'm SURE you could swap it for something more to your tastes.

Default Re: Dolce & Gabbana "By Man" - Thinking of blind buying - Your thoughts?

Well, it was my SotD today, so it's fresh in my mind. This happens to be one of my top 5 favorites, and is one of my most complemented scents. I bought it blind too, and boy am I glad I did.

That said, this is not a fragrance for everyone. There are some floral elements to it, but not those "bright" florals that you associate with women's fragrances. Sorta like half-dead, wet, wilting leaves of flowers- but in a good way. Something about it just screams "dirty" while maintaining a clean character the whole time. I know that may not make sense, but as on of my lady friends put, "you smell like sex after a shower."

I'd say go for it, and if you don't like, I'm sure there are many people around here (me included) who will gladly take it off your hands.

I say go for it. The florals really aren't difficult to deal with and the dry down is awesome. I like it for the upcoming season.

In fact, I need a new bottle.

Which grocery store did you find it in? (I'm also from Toronto..)

I like this oriental, but on me it doesn't last very long at all.
    However, many others here swear that it lasts for ages on them.
    Renato

I bought it blind and got it last month. I like it though.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

well i am expecting my bottle of "by man D&G" in my mailbox anytime soon..i bot it blind too...i vaguely remembered having read some fairly good reviews about it when i came across this half used bottle on ebay going really cheap..i went ahead and bot it...i hope it turns out good...

gupts

Sweet & spicy. Like it a lot, but have to be in the "mood" for it.

Go for it! it's a very nice,sexy woody-oriental.

Quote Originally Posted by myaccolades
    I say go for it. The florals really aren't difficult to deal with and the dry down is awesome. I like it for the upcoming season.

In fact, I need a new bottle.

Which grocery store did you find it in? (I'm also from Toronto..)
    I saw some at Fortino's. I've been going around to various ones lately and honestly man, one of the best places ever for buying colognes. They have a really good selection, testers of most everything, and lots of really good specials on.

I think I'm going to give it a shot and pick it up. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's good.

For me, I don't think you can go wrong with ANYTHING from Dolce and Gabanna. The only other 3 companies I can say that about are Givenchy, Burberry and Bvlgari.
    - Ben -

Top Five:
    Creed Royal Oud; Byredo Black Saffron; Etro Etra; Creed Aventus; Xerjoff Nio

eBay: mississippi_rifleman
    Twitter: Cigar_Ben

Wardrobe

Stogie Review

Quote Originally Posted by acehimself
    I saw some at Fortino's. I've been going around to various ones lately and honestly man, one of the best places ever for buying colognes. They have a really good selection, testers of most everything, and lots of really good specials on.

I think I'm going to give it a shot and pick it up. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's good.
    I say you go for it! I really liked it when I had it on and so did my friends around me.

Is it the Fortino's between Steeles and 14th Avenue on Kennedy? How much is it going for?

I'm wearing it right now, I love it. I wish I woulda bought the 3.4 oz bottle. Def. grab that up if you still can.