Code of Conduct

Default Review: Ungaro III, Cool Water Deep, Yang, Man's, and Hanae Mori

Whats up basenoters??? I decided to give my own personal review of the latest cologne's I'd purchased, as well as, others I've owned and loved. Considering my ratings, if anyone would like to recommend or comment I would be very appreciative.

My 2 Blind Buys:

Man's by Gai Mattiolo- There is a party this sat and I thought I'd surprise my ex with something similar to her favorite Fahrenheit. Looking at some reviews and threads, I came across one that mentioned Man's smelt like, possibly my favorite smell to date, Fahrenheit. My thought was damn... A second Fahrenheit can't be bad since my ex would love the scent and Fahrenheit's my favorite cologne anyway. This of course led to my purchase. It arrived today and I just had the opportunity to spray it on. First impression... Really light smell, almost not noticeable. After leting it dry a bit it seemed to project a little more. It takes about 30 minutes before it reaches an acceptable status. Even at this point the smell doesn't impress me. As for the Fahrenheit comparison, it has its similarities but I would say only a little. Its too light of a smell. Kinda reminds me of Versace Jeans Couture but much more light.

Rating: 6/10 Kinda upset at the purchase because I won't be using it for Saturday's party Look out for my request for a swap... I only sprayed it about 5 times so its pretty full. (2.4 oz)

Ungaro III: Also came in the mail today. Bought it because it was a tester and got it at $22.38 for the whole 3.4oz of juice. All in all its a good smell. Its definitely a smell for the evening out with a new girl. My only complaint is that it smells a bit old manish to me. In fact, I let my brother try it and he said that it reminded him of a scent my Dad use to wear. I was shocked because he was right on the money. Not sure if my Dad beat me to it, but it does smell like his old cologne he use to wear before he became a Black Code addict lol. Very warm and inviting smell. Says "Get close to me". Overall I like it. Could be better.... Not really into this type of scent. Good projection also.

Rating 7.5/10

My Blind By Before these two:

Yang- This is a GREAT SCENT. After looking over many forums people kept saying how wonderful this cologne was. I had to buy it. I had to buy it blind. On the initial spray I was taken back. I felt as if it was a weird smell. Couldn't understand it at all. Not sure at this point if I loved it or if it was a stink juice. After giving it a good drying, I realized I've just uncovered one of my favorite scents. VERY GREEN smell. A little too strong if applied in large amounts. Good for a night out with the ladies. My second favorite scent.

Rating 8.5/10

H.M- This was my most expensive purchase. It was also my most heartbreaking as well. The minute the guy in the store directed me to it and told me that it was his favorite I was interested. Not that I cared to much, but the guy was a cologne addict and knew his stuff. Anyway, I spray it on and I'm in love. GREAT SCENT. Smells sweet but a little citrus like to. I bought it for about $65. Very happy and pleased, I walked out the store and wore the cologne to a party that evening. Didn't receive comments but the place was crazy and I don't think people would stop to say anything anyway. On the third day I was running to get into my bros car for a ride to a friend's house. Cologne in my pocket it comes out and crashes to the floor.... All is lost but my soul.... I couldn't believe it. A great cologne and $65 bucks down the pavement. Sadly I repressed the feeling/thought and didn't talk the rest of the week to anyone.

Rating: 8.0/10

Cool Water Deep: My third favorite scent and first purchase. I REALLY REALLY LIKE THIS SCENT. The problem is it has major longevity issues. This smell relaxes me to the point where its almost mood altering. It reminds me of a cool autumn breeze.... cool and refreshing. It will always be one of my most beloved scents.

Rating: 8.0/10..... Would be an 8.5 it lasted longer

My favorite scent is Fahrenheit.... Its the best ever. Rating: 9/10

Please note: I'm not that skilled at giving detailed analysis of scents. That including the notes and stuff. So please bear my novice reviewing.

Default Re: Review: Ungaro III, Cool Water Deep, Yang, Man's, and Hanae Mori

I don't see similarities between Man's and Fahrenheit exept maybe just a little bit on the opening. This scent was total dissapointment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio
    I don't see similarities between Man's and Fahrenheit exept maybe just a little bit on the opening. This scent was total dissapointment for me.
    I totally agree with you. If u look up the review for this scent many people say that it holds a strong similarity to Fahranheit. However, it really is its own scent. Plus it isn't the best smelling stuff around.

Post Thanks / Like

Hanae Mori is a very long lasting scent - how come you had it in your pocket?

I haven't tried Man, but would agree with all your assessments, except for Cool Water Deep.

If you love Fahrenheit, don't forget to check out the other popular green mossy ones it spawned - 212, Kiton, Emporio Armani, Paul Smith, Verino Pour Homme etc
    Renato

oh gosh my heart sunk just thinking about a bottle of HM being broken! i feel your pain, bc it has happened to me!

my bathroom smelled wonderful though!