Code of Conduct

Default I have a question about colognes being legit.

There are some discount online shops here in Mexico, they have similar prices to those of Straberrynet; but I don't know about them being legit.

I ordered a Lacoste Cologne (It was 56 dollars, mind you), and I checked and it all seems legit, but I'm still wary.

One thing I read online is that fake fragrances don't have a number engraved on the bottom of the box, that matches a number on the bottle; so I think it IS legit. The box seems legit too, and they have a policy where you pay when they deliver, and if you're not satisfied with what you're getting, you don't pay a thing.

I don't think they are fakes, but still, are there any other methods to proving this, besides box and bottle being the same and the engraved numbers?

ALso, on a side note; Dolce & Gabbana PH, or Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger? >_>

Thanks a lot guys!

Default Re: I have a question about colognes being legit.

56 readings and not a single comment =( This makes me a sad panda.

sorry can't help you really, i suggest only ordering from actual retailers, problem is, you have to pay full price.

Quote Originally Posted by Juanamichi
    56 readings and not a single comment =( This makes me a sad panda.

Love the sad panda reference. i would assume what you have is legit. i would only get concerned if something looks legitimately fake. I have bought a few different things that were authentic that did not have a date on them.

Keep this in mind, my friend bought a 100mL of what he thought was Acqua di Gio Homme on Canal St. in NYC for $20. Needless to say it was fake, but the outer package was identical and celloed. It was an excellent fake until u actually smelt the juice ...

I would be really wary of super low prices, specially on anything armani; but that's a really nice thing to know; AdG on this page is actually 60 dollars for thw 100 ml.

I'm just not used to seeing cologne bottles under retail price =P

Juanamichi...where are these discount sellers? Hmmm?

Over there at www.perfumania.com.mx

I found them through some PROFECO guide of Internet shops, so I think they're legit; they're quite friendly (DAMN FAST, I recieved it the day after I ordered my cologne); and have a good selection.

They are missingCreeds and the like, but it's a good place to get cheaper fragances; they so not charge shipping if you live in Mexico city!

Quote Originally Posted by Juanamichi
    Over there at www.perfumania.com.mx

I found them through some PROFECO guide of Internet shops, so I think they're legit; they're quite friendly (DAMN FAST, I recieved it the day after I ordered my cologne); and have a good selection.

They are missingCreeds and the like, but it's a good place to get cheaper fragances; they so not charge shipping if you live in Mexico city!
    They're a legit webfront. I've shopped at their "American" storefront before. Note that even the US website doesn't have Creeds.
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

i found www.perfumania.com (i had already visited this online store B4)
    But i didn't find www.perfumania.com.mx

Banned

I've seen dead-on fakes of many perfumes, most recently a Dior Hypnotic Poison. The box was perfect and the even the rubbery-textured bottle was well done. The only sign it was fake (besides the bad perfume) was that the fragrance title, printed on the bottle, curved with curvature of the bottle whereas the font on the real perfume reads straight across the bottle. Everything else was perfectly recreated on the fake.