Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bvlgari Black-Body Kouros-Lolita Lempicka

I donít know for you people but on my skin these three fragrances basically smell pretty similar especially on dry down. Again all three have been created by Anick Menardo. Whatever which one do you prefer more than other? My choice is Bvlgari which I own.

Default Re: Bvlgari Black-Body Kouros-Lolita Lempicka

They do share certain similarities, yes. However, on me they all have very clearly their own "personalities".

Out of this trio, Body Kouros is my favourite hands down. Wonderfull, and suprisingly underrated scent IMO. Burnt sugar with musks and soft camphory woods, few drops of gasoline in the mix.
    Gives me great compliments, too!

Body Kouros is the best. Lolita is too sweet, and BB is too smoky.
    U can try YSL M7 and Gucci Pour homme.

Also try Javari by The Body Shop (100ml bottles retailing for about a 3rd of usual designer frag 100mls), quite peppery and good, and Le Male by JPG, which is similar to Lempicka minus the anise plus some good tonka. If you like coffee, B*Men by Thierry Mugler.
    Last edited by fakepurseninja; 12th October 2006 at 11:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't have the BB but the LL is one of my top five! Not "too sweet" for me .

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Bvlgari for melancholy and quiet days; it's by far the only "black" fragrance among the three. Also, it's the only tea frag there, so count it in when you want a specific tea note.

Body Kouros: Rich, fascinating, GROWING ON ME BIG TIME. But give it a few more days.

Lolita Lempicka: Has its fans, and is a great scent (with a kick-ass bottle, no less). All that said, it's not for me -- the anise note is so pronounced that -- rather than wear LL -- I'd best just go out and find a hammer and hit myself in the head, as the migraine that will follow will be less pronounced than the one I'd get were I to spritz on Lolita juice.

Post Thanks / Like

They are all pretty good, but I would actually have to put BK and LL above BB. BB is by far the least exciting on my skin.

It's funny that while these three fragrances do have similarities, I can't tolerate Lolita Lempicka, I think Bvlgari Black is "meh", and I'm in love with Body Kouros. So far it's the only YSL I like, but I'm glad I didn't write off the house before trying it.

Body Kouros is really one of my favourite pefumes out there. Mellows down to a very nice kind of masculine but not he classic fresh mens perfume, its also a bit sweet and interesting...
    I cant describe it that well but ist amazing...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Bvlgari Black-Body Kouros-Lolita Lempicka

I despise two of them heavily, my roommate has both BK and LL, I never feel a need to wear them. Both are sickeningly sweet, so very cloying.

I guess they might work somewhat well in a bar, other than that, no!

Having tried Bvlgari Black today, I can actually answer the opening posting.
    Of those three, I think LL and BK are almost equally nice, or maybe LL has a slight edge. BB comes in last. It's just too smoky/rubbery in the beginning, like Gucci ph without the church, but still not too bad. The spicy drydown (the best part imho) reminds me of the aforementioned Javari. I am not sure about it's longevity though, and how this is supposed to be unisex escapes me.

EDIT: Longevity seems to be okay. The reviews for this are extremely mixed, seems to be very skin dependent.
    Last edited by fakepurseninja; 12th October 2006 at 08:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

BB & LL are two of my favorite frags in my wardrobe @ the moment. BB gives me a smoky & mysterious aura, & LL makes me smell like a sexy Good N Plenty. I love them both!!!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really surprised BB isn't getting more 1st places here! Isn't it kindof a favorite around here? I mean, the other two are good also, but I don't think either can hold a candle to BB. Although it's well made, I can't stand licorice (anise), so LL is totally out. I can't bear it. BK is definitely good in its own right, but I definitely think BB is more refined, wearable, subtle. The two really shouldn't be compared IMO.

BK is so...BODY KOUROS!!! and BB whispers... Bvlgari Black

To me, BK has its place, but BB is a better scent
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 12th October 2006 at 09:42 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

To be sure: I like all three, but BB gets a small penalty for the burnt rubber opening. So I don't really get why this is subtle, on my hand it isn't subtle at all, with all that smokiness.

The more I think about it, the more are these three on par.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz
    I definitely think BB is more refined, wearable, subtle. The two really shouldn't be compared IMO.

To me, BK has its place, but BB is a better scent
    Couldn't agree more. Though I find BK quite delicious, being gourmandy I just don't think I could wear it around for too long without it getting a bit much. That said, it is probably the most wearable gourmand, for me.

On the other hand, it's the smokiness and burnt rubber in BB others appear to dislike, which makes it so special to me. And incidentally, I think it's the only fragrance I can tolerate wearing in which the vanilla note is clearly discernable.

I also like Bois D'argent which when I first sampled immediately reminded me of Lolita Lempicka. It is made by the same perfumer as well. I never really got BB smelling like the others but I wore LL a couple of days ago and the drydown is very similar.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Bvlgari Black is a 'soft' scent...it gives u this whiff of vanilla on closer inspection...too bad it stays too close to the body...doesnt really project itself..but i like the smell though when i sniff it...

Lolita Lempicka to me is 'Bvlgari Black on steroids'...the vanilla is too too strong....very very sweet....though within about 2 hours it settles down, becomes smoother and becomes more likeable...

Ideally i would like something in between both of these scents....one of these days i am going to put BB first and top it up with a spray or two of LL...i hope it would turn out just right....neither as strong as LL...nor as weak as BB..

gupts

My brother ordered Body Kouros and we were shocked once it arrived.... We both hated the scent so much. My dad also said it was horrible. Smells like sweet roach spray.

Quote Originally Posted by rippaman77
    My brother ordered Body Kouros and we were shocked once it arrived.... We both hated the scent so much. My dad also said it was horrible. Smells like sweet roach spray.
    Mmmm... Interesting description.

I have to admit that rippaman77 has a point. I'm wearing it right now, after popping into House of Fraser during my lunch break. The first thing that came to mind, as I smelt the top notes, was Bois Farine. I wouldn't say it smelt exactly like this masterpiece but it wasn't far off. Several minutes later, other notes came into play (but the Bois Farine association remained). An hour later, it began to smell slightly synthetic but still quite pleasant. Three hours later and it's beginning to get on my nerves (smelling very much like bug spray). I've never been a YSL fan and this one isn't going to make me change my mind, Iím afraid.

Bvlgari Black is okay but the rubber notes aren't too my liking. Furthermore, its sillage and longevity is quite poor (but that's Bvlgari for you).

Lolita Lempicka is the one I'd go for. I was served, yesterday, by a very down-to-earth SA. After having this on my arm for at least 10 minutes, she proceeded to check how it was developing on my skin. After sniffing, her first reaction was, 'Wow!' (and she wasn't BSing me - I can usually spot this straight away). It seems that this one works wonderfully with my skin chemistry (and even I was really impressed). Too sweet? Yeah, maybe, but I like to be considered edible to the 'ladies' (and not like burnt rubber or bug spray).