Code of Conduct

Default Least favourite frag, which you can't seem to permanently eject from your wardrobe

I'm sure most of us have at least one, so what's yours?

Mine is Romeo Gigli Man - it didn't smell as distinctive as I originally hoped and (initially) its longevity was slightly disappointing.

I've ejected it from my wardrobe on at least three occasions. However, each time I re-test it again on my skin, not only do I appreciate it more but its longevity seems to improve as well. Last night, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it was still present on my skin, even after taking a long hot bath!

The fact that it continues to return, like the prodigal son, must be a good sign...
    Last edited by Trebor; 12th October 2006 at 11:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Least favourite frag, which you can't seem to permanently eject from your wardrobe

Tobacco Flower by Fresh. I rarely wear this one, but haven't the heart to get rid of it. Very occasionally I get in the mood for it, and it does have very good longevity and sillage. Just a bit cloying sometimes.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Default Re: Least favourite frag, which you can't seem to permanently eject from your wardrobe

Dzing! by L'Artisan

I only keep it in rotation because sometimes I like to smell like my local auto body shop.

Definitely Le Male. I know I'll never wear it again outside the house ... but there's something about it that makes me want to smell now and again.

I end up fascinated by frags on my swap list and the "Hand of K" comes to save them.
    Here are the usual offenders:
    Kouros
    Grey Flannel
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

Now that is a very appropriate title for a post for me because it shouts out L'Inizio perfectly. And about 5 or 6 others but L'Inizio is a great fit.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Least favourite frag, which you can't seem to permanently eject from your wardrob

Burberry Weekend

It's OK, but not great. I would get rid of it, but there is a sentimental attachment. I suppose I would swap it if I could, but it's not very popular so I've never had to make the tough call.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Xeryus Rouge.

Plastic oriental.... Yuck

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Somehow...Curve and/or one of its brothers always finds its way back into my medicine cabinet.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Default Re: Least favourite frag, which you can't seem to permanently eject from your wardrob

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    Definitely Le Male. I know I'll never wear it again outside the house ... but there's something about it that makes me want to smell now and again.
    I have this same problem.

Thrax

M7, I've had 3 bottles now.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple of ones that I dont wear. They just sit. Xeryus Rouge is one. I dont like to get rid of any. It diminishes my collection. Maybe someone will come over and want to spritz a little. He would be welcome to spray any of those.

Victoria's Secret Very Sexy 2: apparently girls love it, but to me it smells like synthetics
    Fendi Uomo: I like to wear this one around the house sometimes, but only then
    Roger and Gallet Open: just never wear this one
    Acqua Di Gio: just for memories I guess...

Post Thanks / Like

Armani PH for me. And AdG. I don't think I will ever wear either of them again, but I just can't bear to get rid of them once and for all.

Gres Homme is a much better scent than Armani PH and it is in the same general category. If I want to wear the Armani I would just wear the Gres.

Default Re: Least favorite frag, which you can't seem to permanently eject from your wardrob

Grey Flannel. I love it and love to hate it equally.

Problem is, my other half pulls it out of the bin every time I chuck it. (And the stuff is so blasted strong that our current bottle has likely been around since the FIRST Bushevik was in the White House.)

Maybe I need to just throw the bottle into my next outgoing swap box and be done with it. (He'll never know the difference if he doesn't see it in the trash.)

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Default Re: Least favorite frag, which you can't seem to permanently eject from your wardrob

2 fit into this category for me:

Chanel Allure is a maddening combination of fantastic top notes and nauseating basenotes. I'm forever being duped into spraying it, only to find myself gagging a couple of hours later.

CK Obsession is just plain volatile. Sometimes I spray it in just the right (ie minute) quantity, and it's divine. Most of the time I end up overdoing it and it just overpowers me.

Post Thanks / Like

Rive Gauche
    Guerlain Vetiver
    both nice, both not really me
    - back into 'summer box' 2007
    Last edited by narcus; 1st November 2006 at 06:19 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Post Thanks / Like

Gucci Pour Homme. I think it's a woody beast, but yet I have to have it. When the temps drop, it'll be a good power scent for office wear.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Least favourite frag, which you can't seem to permanently eject from your wardrobe

L'anarchiste and Guelain Vetiver. Love em then hate em and back and forth it goes.

Rick
    For sale post

[url]http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169[/url]

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors