Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Dark,..of the darkest of scents..?Totally mediveal..gothic..victorian..DARK!!

L'Heure Bleue wears dark & gloomy on me. Beautiful, but brooding.

Default Re: Dark,..of the darkest of scents..?Totally mediveal..gothic..victorian..DARK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    To be fair to BPAL, their line is so huge I've only tried a handful. Most of my negative associations with the line come from enthusiastic purchasers of the goth persuasion

They still make some fragrances that suit my tastes, so I don't need to worry about the black nail polish

Deep in Earth relies on a geranium/rose otto/moss combination that does a good job of suggesting wooded lots, faded rose arrangements, and fresh, damp earth. I believe the same can be found in Knize Forest and Domenico Caraceni 1913, both of which seem "darker"

Sheol: gladiola, stargazer lily, iris, heliotrope, copal, labdanum, and tonka. This is more suited to listening to Verdi's Requiem than New Order.

Default Re: The MOST dark...gothic scents...

Quote Originally Posted by Weimar27 View Post
    Voleur de Roses by L Artisan Parfumeur Smells like an graveyard
    I couldn't agree more, also L'heure Bleue to me is dark and melancholy
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Nothing, absolutely nothing beats the original Messe de Minuit EdC!

I thought at first Etro Messe de Nuit was gothic until I sniffed L'antichambre Le Message Oublié. Deep dark incense brings to mind old gothic churches.

CREED LOVE IN BLACK - love it!