Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Dark,..of the darkest of scents..?Totally mediveal..gothic..victorian..DARK!!

L'Heure Bleue wears dark & gloomy on me. Beautiful, but brooding.

Default Re: Dark,..of the darkest of scents..?Totally mediveal..gothic..victorian..DARK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    To be fair to BPAL, their line is so huge I've only tried a handful. Most of my negative associations with the line come from enthusiastic purchasers of the goth persuasion

They still make some fragrances that suit my tastes, so I don't need to worry about the black nail polish

Deep in Earth relies on a geranium/rose otto/moss combination that does a good job of suggesting wooded lots, faded rose arrangements, and fresh, damp earth. I believe the same can be found in Knize Forest and Domenico Caraceni 1913, both of which seem "darker"

Sheol: gladiola, stargazer lily, iris, heliotrope, copal, labdanum, and tonka. This is more suited to listening to Verdi's Requiem than New Order.

Default Re: The MOST dark...gothic scents...

Quote Originally Posted by Weimar27 View Post
    Voleur de Roses by L Artisan Parfumeur Smells like an graveyard
    I couldn't agree more, also L'heure Bleue to me is dark and melancholy
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Nothing, absolutely nothing beats the original Messe de Minuit EdC!

I thought at first Etro Messe de Nuit was gothic until I sniffed L'antichambre Le Message Oublié. Deep dark incense brings to mind old gothic churches.
    Currently wearing: Homage Attar by Amouage

CREED LOVE IN BLACK - love it!

Basenotes Member

If you would be willing to sell your bottle of kingdom I would happily buy it I love it above all other frags or can you recommend another fragrance with lots of cumin but not kiss as I already have that one either would be greatly appreciated or maybe swap for something in my fragrance wardrobe its on fragrantica under jamiehammond1980
    Currently wearing: BCBGMAXAZRIA by Max Azria

Dude. This thread is from NINE years ago. I don't think you're getting that bottle of Kingdom...

Salvador Dali Pour Homme. As dark, decadent and mysterious as it gets.

I would definitely add Memoir Woman by Amouage - gorgeous and brooding and formidable.
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Missing Oakmoss

So many fragrances mentioned in this thread sound intriguing! In my wardrobe, the ones that best meet the dark description are vintage Weil Zibeline Huile de Bain, Anubis (Papillon), Encre Noire (Lalique), Magie Noire (Lancome), Bandit (Robert Piguet) and Avignon (Comme des Garcons). Several of these have already been mentioned, so +1 from me.