Code of Conduct

Default Where to buy Green Irish Tweed

Howdy. I'm pretty new to the world of scents. I've always been a one-cologne at a time kind of guy until recently. Lately I've begun to collect some different scents Mandragore, Fire Island, Bvlgari Notte por Homme ... but I'm looking for a more "manly" ( masculine ) scent. I've really liked H.O.T. Always, but I'd alos like to try Green Irish Tweed.

My main question is are there any major stores that carry it? Saks? Nordstrom's? Macy's ? I don't want to have to drive all over creation just to find it. Anyone know?

Thanks !

Default Re: Where to buy Green Irish Tweed

Neiman Marcus has a large selection of Creed.

Unless money just isn't an object, I'd go on eBay -- you can get a 2.5 to 4 oz. bottle for under $60.00 if you play your cards right.

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy
    Unless money just isn't an object, I'd go on eBay -- you can get a 2.5 to 4 oz. bottle for under $60.00 if you play your cards right.
    Oy... just be careful. Buying GIT off of ebay is a train-wreck waiting to happen.

The best (and safest) answer is: official retailers like Neiman-Marcus, Saks, Aedes.com or parfumsraffy.com.That goes for all super-pricey fragrances too.

If you want to try before you buy, there are many on basenotes.com who offer decants of good juice at a fair price.
    -

Thanks for the replies. I went to Neiman's and tried it ... liked it, but not enough to justify the price. Scooted over to Saks, and found a couple I really liked, ended up bringing home a bottle Chez Bond.

I appreciate the advice.

Love the bulletin boards, you guys know your stuff !

Quote Originally Posted by Chirpy_72
    Thanks for the replies. I went to Neiman's and tried it ... liked it, but not enough to justify the price. Scooted over to Saks, and found a couple I really liked, ended up bringing home a bottle Chez Bond.
    Ironic, really...did you notice how similar Chez Bond is to Green Irish Tweed?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Ironic, really...did you notice how similar Chez Bond is to Green Irish Tweed?
    I did. I liked them almost equally ... but the price difference on the Chez Bond was a big factor

if you want GIT go NOW to scentiments.com and order a 4 oz tester.

don't wait as it may not even still be available.

if you do a quick look around here you can find plenty of posts describing this as an economical safe option, not not one often possible!
    Last edited by supermarky; 15th October 2006 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky

if you do a quick look around here you can find plenty of posts describing this as an economical safe option, not not one often possible!
    Retail GIT is more expensive than retail Chez Bond (although you do get a little bit more..3.3 vs. 4.0 Oz); I would have done the same....maybe not...I hate those starfish bottles
    -

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky

I must concure with Marky D'Super. I ordered GIT from scentiments and the price and quality is right on. A very safe transaction. Stay away from Ebay if shopping for Creed. You may find quite a few threads of those who were unfortunate in their ebay purchases (myself included).

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    The best (and safest) answer is: official retailers like Neiman-Marcus, Saks, Aedes.com or parfumsraffy.com.That goes for all super-pricey fragrances too.

If you want to try before you buy, there are many on basenotes.com who offer decants of good juice at a fair price.
    Parfumsraffy has the worst customer service in the history of business. Be wary.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)