Code of Conduct

Default a dumb question about ouds

are there any without heavy duty rose?

Default Re: a dumb question about ouds

Not many. Almost all of the Montale Oud series is loaded with rose. However, Royal Oud and Aoud Ambre and Aoud Lime seem to be without rose. Oh, and the Aoud Cuir d'Arabie is all oud and leather (wonderful scent that can't be missed). All of the rest have rose. I think it's a cultural thing about the Middle East and it's fondness for all things rose...well, mixed with oud.

[This post's contents are deleted by a moderator.

#2 Nothing offensive: "The definition of offensive is down to the Basenotes moderation team. As a general rule - if you wouldn't be happy with your boss or grandmother reading it then it probably isn't suitable."

#9 Avoid hot topics: "Posts/signatures that involve religion are expressly forbidden on this board."

The offensive, the lecherous, and the sacriligious will be deleted from this board. Reintroduction of them in this thread will get it locked.
    --Chris]
    Last edited by DustB; 15th October 2006 at 06:38 AM.

Just skip the Ouds and go to M7. :P I haven't had the pleasure of trying any Montale other than Fougere Marine, I admit. But there's definitely no rose going on in M7, whatever the other differences.

Supermarky...you have got to try Royal Oud! No rose at all in that one. I am wearing it right now. It is fantastic. It is very ambery (I don't find the Aoud Ambre at all ambery). Talk to Vijay, I am sure he can fix you up with a sample. At this moment, I think I have the complete line of Montales....samples that is.

Good luck on your search.

Hippey dippey?? I'm afraid to ask.

Scent Intense is also heavy on the amber, much like M7.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Try buying an oudh essential oil. Vijay said he got some from Amir in India so you might want to do the same. Just plain deep, resinous oudh is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman
    Supermarky...you have got to try Royal Oud! No rose at all in that one. I am wearing it right now. It is fantastic. It is very ambery (I don't find the Aoud Ambre at all ambery). Talk to Vijay, I am sure he can fix you up with a sample. At this moment, I think I have the complete line of Montales....samples that is.

Good luck on your search.
    you sure there is no rose in it? I was wearing it from my sample the other day and (thought I) was loving the rose note. My nose has been bad lately, I am not sure why, but I didn't think it was that bad!
    "Dont try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DrOfTheSoul
    Try buying an oudh essential oil. Vijay said he got some from Amir in India so you might want to do the same. Just plain deep, resinous oudh is all you need.
    Have you ever tried Oriscent? They sell oud - www.oriscent.com

Ambre/Amber