Code of Conduct

Question Rochas lui????????

Hi all

tried looking for some reviews on this one...couldn't find though....am getting it dirt cheap...i had a look at the notes triangle...i see cedarwood and vanilla....i just bought bvlgari black and i think i like the subtle vanilla in it....but the vanilla in Lolita lempicka is a bit too much for me...

i was wondering if the heavy weights here could gimme their opinion on this fragrance it would be great...also if you could tell me what other perfumes have cedarwood so that i would know what to expect from rochas lui since i have to buy it blind...cant test it...m7 fresh doesnt have cedarwood does it? coz i LOVE the M7 fresh...

thanx in advance for all your help...

gupts

Default Re: Rochas lui????????

I love this scent!

To me its kinda like a "revisit" or "rework" or Habit Rouge. Like a spicier version. Its kinda sweet/spicy/woody with great silage and lasting power.

Again to my nose, its along similar lines to the new Solo Loewe if you've manage to try that one.

Big thumbs up from me!

Check here the reviews Rochas Lui

Thanks, Luca! I was about to do that myself.... Excellent reviews here and the majority is very positive about this secret classic. It's one of my tops for life! I bought it at full price and preferred it to any Guccis then. If it were anything near Habit Rouge to my nose, I wouldn't have bought it. HR is a fine scent, as long as I leave it on the shelf (sorry Col, I usually like your recommendations) !
    Last edited by narcus; 15th October 2006 at 02:57 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Thrax

Rochas Lui is in a way, near perfection for me. It's a nice, spicy, masculine (but not too masculine) juice. With big longevity, and sillage, but a small pricetag. It is Solo Loewe's big brother in a way. It gives me a great feeling when wearing it in the winter. It comforts me in everyway. I'll never be without it.

Default Re: Rochas Lui?

MARVELOUS scent -- probably the best find for me in all of 2005. It's very retro in a way. Its strong (yet not overpowering) sillage and great longevity make it a real winner for the office.

If you haven't tried it, I can STRONGLY RECOMMEND IT.

This is truly a great scent, rich and warm, but not cloying at all; spartan is the word that comes to mind when I smell it.

I really respect the people at Rochas for having the guts to put this scent on the market in these aquatic days. Even their Aquaman is not really an aquatic scent as the name would lead you to believe...

After trying Lui, a few days ago, I promptly bought a bottle on eBay. The topnotes came across as quite sharp but I found this very intriguing. However, to my amazement, the drydown was simply divine.

I can't wait for it to arrive! :bounce:

To me, it's just a classy, long lasting, formalish citrus woody scent.

Are you getting it from Perfumery.com.au, or have you found it cheaper?
    Renato

A great scent from a great house.

Somewhere between formal/old school and modern, it stikes just the right balance and always feels "right."

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    To me, it's just a classy, long lasting, formalish citrus woody scent.

Are you getting it from Perfumery.com.au, or have you found it cheaper?
    Renato
    Yep thats the one :-) just ordered it
    cant get it cheaper than that..can we?

had to buy it coz i wanted to get the antaeus from them...just check the price for antaeus and you would be surprised...

gupts

Quote Originally Posted by gupts
    Yep thats the one :-) just ordered it
    cant get it cheaper than that..can we?

had to buy it coz i wanted to get the antaeus from them...just check the price for antaeus and you would be surprised...

gupts
    Yes, interesting - the Lui costs an ultra cheap A$25, but if you take away the $15 freight you would otherwise have had to pay on the Antaeus, it's only really cost you A$10.

That there is one hell of a bargain!

Something odd is happening with this Perfumery place. I bought New West a while back and the week after, they promptly doubled the price.
    Then I bought Erfola and Tabarome from them last week, and this week the price has increased significantly on them as well.
    Renato