Code of Conduct

Hybrid View

Default Everyday Fall/Winter Scent

Hey guys I was hoping you could help me. What's a really good fragrance that I could wear almost everyday during the cold months that is easy to find and reasonably priced. Thanks alot.

Default Re: Everyday Fall/Winter Scent

M7
    Gucci pour Homme
    Bvlgari Black
    Envy
    Lolita Lempicka
    Animale Animale
    Dior Homme

Try those out. They are all very inexpensive and easy to find in the stores. You'll want to buy online to get the better prices.

I think the new Burberry London is quite nice as an everyday scent. Spicy, boozy, woody and very very yummy. I know a lot of people say it doesn't last but on me it does. I find it lasts all day - the base notes just sit very close to the skin. I find that if I ever heat up (throwing on a thick sweater), gentle wafts of it reach my nose, even when I think it's gone.

Santal Floris works. It's basically Gucci Envy w some lavender thrown in. It's also a lot smooother.

So does Chanel Pour Monsieur. Actually, this one is quite good because it sits very close to the skin so you won't get sick of it. I know I haven't.

Thrax

Drakkar Noir
    Visit
    Opium Pour Homme
    Opium Pour Homme EDP
    Cristobal
    Black Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    They are all very inexpensive and easy to find in the stores.
    I've never seen Animale Animale or M7 in stores.

Blog Entries

My winter arsenal includes Burberry Brit, Givenchy Pi, Lolita Lempicka, and Blvgari Black.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by d4
    I've never seen Animale Animale or M7 in stores.
    Yeah it's weird, up here in Canada, YSL fragrances seem for some reason to be extremely rare. It's rare to see more than maybe 1 YSL fragrance at any of the department stores, a few of the grocery stores carry a couple. But it's mostly all YSL PH and Opium that I see anywhere.

I have never seen M7 in any store.

Quote Originally Posted by acehimself
    I picked mine up at Enchante at Fairview..

Why So Serious?

Quote Originally Posted by acehimself
    Yeah it's weird, up here in Canada, YSL fragrances seem for some reason to be extremely rare. It's rare to see more than maybe 1 YSL fragrance at any of the department stores, a few of the grocery stores carry a couple. But it's mostly all YSL PH and Opium that I see anywhere.

I used to see M7, Rive Gauche PH........at The Bay a year ago, i guess they stopped carrying them. I also saw M7 at a few Loblaws in the summer, they were 50ml for $19. Enchante's prices are just ridiculous most of the time. If those dont work out, i think your best bet is the Perfume Outlet in Dixie Mall in Mississauga, i'm sure they have lots of YSLs because they carry lots of rare stuff, but unlike Enchante they actually give you a better bargain, most likely $20 off the retail price. But make sure you bargain with the owners, they are very flexible.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Andrea Maack Coven
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX
    I used to see M7, Rive Gauche PH........at The Bay a year ago, i guess they stopped carrying them. I also saw M7 at a few Loblaws in the summer, they were 50ml for $19. Enchante's prices are just ridiculous most of the time. If those dont work out, i think your best bet is the Perfume Outlet in Dixie Mall in Mississauga, i'm sure they have lots of YSLs because they carry lots of rare stuff, but unlike Enchante they actually give you a better bargain, most likely $20 off the retail price. But make sure you bargain with the owners, they are very flexible.
    oh lol I'm just observing the fact. Quite rarely on this boards it seems, I honestly don't find any of YSL's fragrances that amazing, not enough to buy at least.

I just find it weird how they seem to be so popular on here, I'm not sure how popular they are in terms of general public sales, but they are rare in the stores.

I've never been to that place actually, I should check it out. I usually just go to Fortino's they seem to be really good for having specials, and for just general purchases, there is this small store in the Shopper's World Mall in Brampton which has a pretty great selection and the prices are about as good as it get's up here. Good enough selection for me anyhow.

For those who do like it in Canada, I saw a 100ml of YSL Opium EDT for men for only 24.99 at Walmart.
    Last edited by acehimself; 16th October 2006 at 05:45 AM.