Code of Conduct

Default thank goodness for TJ-Maxx

I want to TJ-Maxx with no intent of buying anything, but then nestled in the very back I saw three gift sets. Each set contained full sized bottles with a genorous size of aftershave, showergels, and lotions. I purchased the following sets:

Halson Z-14 Set (Includes 3.4 oz cologne plus 3.4oz aftershave)
    Burberry Classic Set (Includes 4.4 oz cologne, aftershave and showergel in genorous sizes)
    Burberry Brit Red (Includes 3.4oz perfume plus showergel and body lotion)

I paid only a $102 saving me the $300 I would pay at a department store. And my mom, who is allergic to some mens cologne, loves the Halston stuff. Looks like I will buy the other two gift sets still left.

The only thing, on the Burberry Brit Red a very, very small portion of the pattern has been scrapped off. But you can only see it if you have a magnifying glass. But I am not complaining because I am very satisfied with the price. Plus whenever you buy a fragrance from TJ-Maxx or any other kind of discount store, these kind of things are expected. I am just grateful I found them for such an awesome price. Watch out ladies.

Default Re: thank goodness for TJ-Maxx

You know it man.

The best places to buy cologne, up here in Canada, for good prices/specials is at the grocery stores and pharmacy/drugstores or of course the little small independantly run importer perfume shops in the mall or wherever.

I picked up a 100ml bottle of Gucci Envy EDT from this grocery store a couple weeks back for only $34.99 (probably doesn't seem that special but that's a pretty decent price up here).

I go to the department stores only to test, and get a kick out of listening to them try to sell me whatever's on their commission that week and tell me whatever I want to hear so I'll buy something (ie. "Try this one! Givenchy Blue Label is a very, nice warm scent for cooler weather).

...and thanks goodness for Marshall's!

I scored a gift set of Escada Magnetism (1.7 EDT and DEO stick) for $15.00 there yesterday!

I was more tickled about the shoes I found! Allen Edmonds Black Lace-up dress shoes for $50.00!!! These are at least $150.00 in stores!

SSSWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW
    Allen Edmonds Black Lace-up dress shoes for $50.00!!!
    I hate you!

The only thing I scored at Marshalls recently was a 3.4oz bottle of Unbound for 10 dollars. Great deal and great clone of AdG. Can barely tell the difference...

yes praise the lord!
    and just a tip: check each box carefully. I paid 20 for Azzaro Visit at Filene's Basement, cause I just couldnt wait. Next time I was in TJ's I saw a box of visit aftershave for $9.99 when I looked inside the box it was actually EdT for 9.99!!! This can go the other way as well, I saw Opium pH edT box which was actually aftershave.
    Just a prediction - I bet we're gonna see some Gucci pH start to show up at TJ's soon.
    mc

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW
    ...and thanks goodness for Marshall's!

I was more tickled about the shoes I found! Allen Edmonds Black Lace-up dress shoes for $50.00!!! These are at least $150.00 in stores!
    Park Avenue's?

Actually, they're called "Fremont". I think it's termed a "split-toe blucher". Real slick, modern in style, and airport friendly!

Quote Originally Posted by marcuccio88
    Just a prediction - I bet we're gonna see some Gucci pH start to show up at TJ's soon.
    Actually, we've had Gucci PH there before, in the 1oz "travel" size.

(I work there, so I get to see what comes in and I get first dibs!)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffman
    Actually, we've had Gucci PH there before, in the 1oz "travel" size.

(I work there, so I get to see what comes in and I get first dibs!)

Awesome! someone on the inside!! I was at a certain Marshalls the other day and I saw a couple of boxes of fragrance and giftsets that they were getting ready to put into the display rack. My question is: is there a typical delivery schedule for frags - end of week? end of month? (so I can get first dibs, obviously). Please help us crack the code.

Quote Originally Posted by marcuccio88
    Awesome! someone on the inside!! I was at a certain Marshalls the other day and I saw a couple of boxes of fragrance and giftsets that they were getting ready to put into the display rack. My question is: is there a typical delivery schedule for frags - end of week? end of month? (so I can get first dibs, obviously). Please help us crack the code.
    Sorry to dissapoint you, but there is no code to crack! TJ Maxx and Marshalls (same parent company, same products, blah blah blah) have a sort of interesting delivery thing: they just box up a bunch of crap at the warehouse and send it to the stores a few days a week (Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday at my store). We never know what we are getting on any delivery, other than an estimated box count. The fragrances come in boxes with other fragile things like housewares and get separated by the processors and thrown into a bin to take out on the floor. Some days we'll get next to no new fragrances, other days we'll get a bunch.

The best bet is to ask someone who works at the store what day they get deliveries on. There's a company policy called "Door-to-door in 4+4," which basically means that we are supposed to get the crap off the truck and on the floor in 8 hours. It rarely ever happens, so the best bet is to come in the day after the shipments come in. Sorry if that's dissapointing!