Code of Conduct

Default My well traveled Angel bottle

As I was packing this morning for my flight to North Carolina, I was trying to decide which scents to take. After my last trip, where I almost lost several bottles of some of my favorite perfumes due to the new security measures, I had decided to just take decants (in my checked luggage, of course). But I just couldn't leave my Angel at home.

I have the refillable star bottle and I forget exactly how long I have had it. I started wearing Angel soon after she was introduced in 1992. I switched to the refillable bottle a few empty bottles later, since it seemed to be a money saver to buy that way. Anyway, that bottle has seen better days. It has one large chip after a near catastrophe on the garage floor, a smaller, but sharper chip after an undisclosed mishap, and nail polish stains after an unfortunate explosion in my purse. The silver lid has long ago lost its luster, and I'm slightly embarrassed to admit there is some dark green junk in the sprayer. But oh! the places she has been! I have taken Angel on five cruises to exotic ports, to both coasts of the US, to the most southern states, to the very tip of Northeast. Every trip that I have been on in the last 13 years or so, Angel has gone with me. I couldn't bear to leave her home this time, so I carefully packed her in my suitcase. Oh, I packed some decants too. Unlike my early years with Angel, I'm not exclusive to just her any more. But it's so nice to know that no matter what happens or where I end up, Angel will be there with me, ugly bottle and all.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My well traveled Angel bottle

F*a*n*t*a*s*t*i*c story. I hope you live to be a hundred and can pass that bottle down in your family with a synopsis of its travel history.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

It is all my new girlfriend wears. I gave her some New Haarlem but she just wears the Angel. Nice stuff on the right lady.

What a fantastic story! Seems like it's a kind of talisman somehow for you. I also switched for the refillable small star last time i bought Angel.
    I am now planning to have such a cool and hard used star like you, one day! :-)
    "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
    Edgar Allan Poe

http://perfumum.blogspot.com/

I love your story! I have the small Angel refillable star. Mine has also seen better days - it leaked once when I was trying to figure out how the cap is removed to refill the bottle. I didn't replace the cap properly, apparently, so the leaked juice took off some of the varnish on my dresser top, the varnish stuck to the bottle, and I haven't been able to remove it since. The metal part of the star is somewhat tarnished and blotchy looking. She's not a pristine Angel anymore. Your star has definitely traveled more than mine has!

Blog Entries

How very sweet .
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

How wonderful! So great that you have a "perfume friend" to take everywhere with you.

I have a tiny box from a Coco parfum refill sprayer that I now keep a roll-on bottle of Coco parfum in. That goes everywhere with me as well. On a whim one year I brought it to Florida and it was the only thing I felt like wearing, even in the humidity. From then on I've brought it everywhere including two trips to Egypt- so I kind of know how you feel.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Quote Originally Posted by Artisankey
    How wonderful! So great that you have a "perfume friend" to take everywhere with you.

I have a tiny box from a Coco parfum refill sprayer that I now keep a roll-on bottle of Coco parfum in. That goes everywhere with me as well. On a whim one year I brought it to Florida and it was the only thing I felt like wearing, even in the humidity. From then on I've brought it everywhere including two trips to Egypt- so I kind of know how you feel.
    I think oriental fragrances are at their best in warmer weather.