Code of Conduct

Default Juicy Couture & Donna Karan Gold fragrance strips

I received some fragrance strips in a Bloomingdales mailer today, so was ablet to sniff for the first time Donna Karan Gold and Juicy Couture. I really like both of these! The DK Gold reminds me of AG Grand Amour that I used to wear (lily), only Gold is more exotic and more modern. The Juicy Couture that I would have expected to not be my thing, is right up my alley - a very pretty floral girly fragrance, really quite nicely done. I'm going to make it a point to try both of these on my skin to further test. It's so nice to be pleasantly surprised! And just goes to show that you shouldn't get blase because you never know....

happy is the bleu heart<3

Default Re: Juicy Couture & Donna Karan Gold fragrance strips

I've been trying to hear more about the Juicy Couture since it is such a cool looking bottle. I haven't seen it anyplace here though, to give it a test.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I tried Juicy Couture from the magazine peel off sample and I thought it smelled like No.9's Chinatown. I sniffed the new Donna Karan at the mall but now I can't really remember it now ! I guess it wasn't very awe inspiring.

The DK Gold strip seemed very one-dimensional, until I tried the thing itself. Which is impossible to find in the Edp formulation, so I tried the EdT. While a sheer lily, it is also top heavy and really lacked a base, so the scent strip is not a bad representation. Top-heavy is a very poor description, since it makes the scent sound fuller-bodied than it is. I mean that the EdT gives short shrift to further development. I do like my lilies, but somehow this didn't seem heady enough or even lily enough. It was more lily of the valley, but this complaint may be a factor of some expectation that lily scents can be scented with synthetic spice. This was nowhere near as green as Un Lys and without the bitterness of the Lutens' fragrance. There was no suggestion of pistils or stamens as is found in Un Lys. It was cool and breezy, but that EdT smelled thin.

I have EdP sample on the way, because I am not ready to give up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley
    The DK Gold strip seemed very one-dimensional, until I tried the thing itself. Which is impossible to find in the Edp formulation, so I tried the EdT. While a sheer lily, it is also top heavy and really lacked a base, so the scent strip is not a bad representation. Top-heavy is a very poor description, since it makes the scent sound fuller-bodied than it is. I mean that the EdT gives short shrift to further development. I do like my lilies, but somehow this didn't seem heady enough or even lily enough. It was more lily of the valley, but this complaint may be a factor of some expectation that lily scents can be scented with synthetic spice. This was nowhere near as green as Un Lys and without the bitterness of the Lutens' fragrance. There was no suggestion of pistils or stamens as is found in Un Lys. It was cool and breezy, but that EdT smelled thin.

I have EdP sample on the way, because I am not ready to give up on it.
    I enjoyed reading your thoughts on DK Gold. I'm looking forward to trying it (when I can get a break and go out sniffing). I will, if I can, try both the edp and edt. Let us know what you think of the edp when you get to try it.