Code of Conduct

Default I found a hidden Gem!!!!

What a surprice!

I found a real treat this weekend while walking around in a tea shop bying green tea with jasmine.
    I look at the shelves around me while waiting for my turn. Find a bottle of... spray it on a piece of paper and WOW! Had to apply some to my skin and the olfactory journey was about to take me to some wonderful places!
    Imagine an opening remeniscent of Bel Ami and Havana in one. Just a hint of the woody-lavender combo that works so well in Gucci Rush and Fendi Oumo. Also there is another woodyness like that of a toned down Bois du Portugal. As it drys down the Bel Ami and Havana notes stay. The bay rum and hint of vanilla from Havana and the smoothness and woodyness from Bel Ami. A bit of fire to it but not as harsh as BdP for instance. In fact the last face of the drydown made me think of dÓrsays Le Dandy but less sweet.
    So if you like a classy fragrance with woodyness, some smokey feeling, well rounded and in the same way as the gentlemens classics boiled in to one you should indeed look up...Crabtree & Evelyn´s Sienna!!!!! Ta-daaa!
    Does anyone have an opinon about this one? I have just tried it once but was really taken by it. A perfect autumn-winter scent that really stood out but didn´t come off sharp, harsh or in-your-face. Non-stop wrist smelling for over twelve hours!
    Agree or disagree; the word is free guys and gals!

Regards/Tobbe

Default Re: I found a hidden Gem!!!!

I bought in in summer, so I can't tell yet what it wears like in colder weather. I find it quite good, quite powerful (Caron 3čme Homme like intensity) but for me, at the time, it did not have that je ne sais quoi that lifts a fragrance into the scent olymp. Solidly middle class, not noble, well crafted, not ingenious. But now you've made me curious so I'll be trying it again later this week
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matičre/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénčtrent le verre.

Yes....This is great scent...I had this a few years ago....may have to check this one out again.
    Gary

He he!

Don´t want anyone buying this blind out of sheer curiousity now... I tried it once and it was to my liking. I didn´t buy it and actually thought it was a bit mature for me but was fascinated how much it reminded me of others. I think I like it more because it´s interesting that wearable. Also it can´t compete with Havana Reserva.
    Fun to hear your views on it though! Sometimes a scent can be wonderful just because of it´s underdog scenario and maybe this was the case here. But I will try it out again and see if it stands the test of time. Rather inexpensive too.

C&E , at their price point, do some really nice scents. I've never really liked Sienna, but luuurve Nomad (the soap and the frag, the deoderant is kinda garbage). The Sienna soap is actually pretty nice, potentially nicer than the cologne, but it's something you should sniff before buying blind. It's got echoes of Caswell Massey methinks.

Very dry, lots of sandalwood. Nice scent, and recently re-bottled/re-packaged. Good buy for the money. Far better than Nomad, IMHO.

I tried it recently and I like it as well, pretty spicy but not over the top. I'd like to get this one but I don't care for C&E prices. I'm (generally) a cheap bastard.

Nomad is pretty good too, but if you don't like aquatics, fughetabadit. Its like a natural smelling Chrome.
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by MisterK
    I tried it recently and I like it as well, pretty spicy but not over the top. I'd like to get this one but I don't care for C&E prices. I'm (generally) a cheap bastard.

Nomad is pretty good too, but if you don't like aquatics, fughetabadit. Its like a natural smelling Chrome.
    K
    Is that New York slang for "forget about it?"

I'm on my second bottle of Nomad, with accompanying shower gel. I have tested Sienna several times and have, like you, been quite impressed with it, but for some reason have never pulled the trigger. I shall try it again at the next opportunity. Enjoy!

Jeff