Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mechant Loup & L'Eau de L'Artisan

Hi Folks,

Tested yesterday these 2 fragrances and:

- L'eau: has a pretty good fresh smell, cypress or eucaliptus I supose, reminded me of Les Nuits d'Hadrien's top notes , but then, vanishes and nothing remains... I think It's the poorest longevity fragrance I've ever tried!
    Is it my skin or It happens with you? Is It actually an Eau de Toillette?

- Mechant Loup: Nice! Starts with a great masculine and someway cold smell and then dries down to a decent burnt coffee scent! I imagine myself wearing it in colder days and drinking some coffee, of course!! The longevity is not so good, just average, but of course is better than L'eau.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mechant Loup & L'Eau de L'Artisan

I only get about two hours out of Eau de Artisan. That's about as long as I get from Eau Sauvage, L'Eau Par Kenzo and every other scent with "Eau" in the name, except for Issey and Rochas.

I've never actually tested my samples of Merchant Loup.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Hey RCavs,

I really like Mechant Loup too! but I don't get a burnt coffee smell in the dry down. For me, I get more of a toasted hazelnut and woods. When I wear this one, I feel like I'm in a cabin/lodge up in the winter mountains with a storm ragin outside while I'm roasting nuts over a blazing fire and enjoying a good malt. Oh yeah, everything is rustic as well. There are animal furs on the floor, a large blunderbuss rifle on the table, iron skillets hanging on the wall, and dried meats off the ceiling.

However, that's IF I wear this one. I'm still not entirely comfortable wearing this. My sample has run out so I should get a new one/decant for further testing.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought longevity was poor on Mechant Loup but bought a bottle and the more I used it found it to last a good 5-6 hours . It's fairly quiet but is pretty diffusive. Many L'Artisans take time to figure out for they often seem so subtle at first. I love the actual smell of Mechant Loup. I don't associate it with most of the descriptions. It reminds of Dior's Jules although they are quite different.

Great stuff. Makes the girlies giggle too.

Post Thanks / Like

Havent tried the eau de, but I couldnt stand Mechant Loup - just too hazelnutty for me. It might do well if I layer it with something brighter.
    Last edited by zztopp; 18th October 2006 at 08:56 PM.
    -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Havent tried the eau de, but I couldnt stand Mechant Loup - just to hazelnutty for me. It might do well if I layer it with something brighter.
    I don't think I'd wear it at all if I couldn't stand it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I get fine longevity out of Mechant loup. Most L'Artisans work for a while on me though. It must be the skin.

L'Eau de L'Artisan is nothing special to me either. It's alright but not something I would enjoy wearing.

Post Thanks / Like

I have found that both of these are long rather long lasting (for a L'Artisan that is)--4-6 hours. Give them a few tries--Mechant Loup, especially, because it's a great fragrance. L'Eau is a little too grassy for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I find L'Eau a very uplifting fragrance and one that really has no substitute. I like the grassy notes, and on me the subtle "parched savannah" drydown lasts a very long time. Not so the citrus topnotes, but we don't expect those to last.

I've never gotten into Mechant Loup. It's been a while since I tried it but my sense was that nothing really emerged from the mix except the hazelnut (which we always knew as "filberts" when I was growing up in the state that produces 98% of the U.S. crop), which did very little for me.

Post Thanks / Like

No coffee for me in ML.
    Funny as it is, but Mechant Loup reminded me of some Ukrainian made flavored vodka with the flavour of honey and cayenne pepper (tastes as weird as fiery-and-sweet could taste, but has alot of fans).

The scent is loaded with honey, and I like the initial dry spicy accord too. Pity it doesn't last on me.

Regards, Odor.