Code of Conduct

Default A Creed Question

After dismissing GIT as a newbie almost a year ago, I tried it again recently and have realized the error of my rookie ways: it's great and I've been wearing it every day for three weeks.

I live in the Northeast U.S. and it's starting to get cold. I think of GIT as a warm weather scent. I'll wear it anyway, but I'm looking for another Creed that I might try to get me through a cold winter.

I like BdP a lot, but it's too formal for every day use for me. I like AA a lot, but it doesn't last long on me. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Default Re: A Creed Question

I should probably say that I've tried Erolfa, SMW, Millesime Taborme, and Original Vetiver. I like most of them, but not enough to give any of them a daily wear.

Post Thanks / Like

Baie de Genièvre, somewhat of a hidden gem. Very warm and soothing juniper and cinnamon, where BdP is sharp and spicy this is rounder, a rich glowing warmth.

If you like ginger and tobacco go for Tabarome. I just tried the Vintage and preferred it over the Millésime, which I own. Both, however, are very rich, sensual and warm.

Plus I would always suggest trying Royal English Leather, if you're into leather scents at all. Very rich, creamy, slightly exotic from the mandarin, it's what the leather interior of an old Rolls must or should smell like.

enjoy the search
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think Himalaya is spectacular, & good in any weather.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to suggest Acier Aluminium (Creed). It is supposed to work well in winter. However, I'm afraid that this isn't a scent for everyday use (except you want to smell spectacular every single day).

Post Thanks / Like

What is the best Creed for everyday use? Himalaya perhaps?
    Last edited by GenuineImitationLife; 19th October 2006 at 06:24 PM.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GenuineImitationLife
    What is the best Creed for everyday use?

I'm guessing probably OV?
    For me it is certainly Green Irish Tweed. Himalaya works well, too, but - at least - with inferior longevity compared to the first.

Post Thanks / Like

there is also epica, orange spice, cyprus musc for cold weather.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DesGrieux
    For me it is certainly Green Irish Tweed. Himalaya works well, too, but - at least - with inferior longevity compared to the first.
    OK mate will bear that in mind. I'm also thinking of getting a new Creed -- (my 75ml Neroli Sauvage is nearly finished). But I can only get one! (because of the price etc) so will be watching this thread with interest!
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GenuineImitationLife
    OK mate will bear that in mind. I'm also thinking of getting a new Creed -- (my 75ml Neroli Sauvage is nearly finished). But I can only get one! (because of the price etc) so will be watching this thread with interest!
    genuine, I have pm'd you with a swap proposal
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Orange Spice is one of the few Creeds that I like. It is reminiscent of the better aspects of Kouros. Very manly. Good, but I don't know if it's worth the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DesGrieux
    I would like to suggest Acier Aluminium (Creed). It is supposed to work well in winter. However, I'm afraid that this isn't a scent for everyday use (except you want to smell spectacular every single day).
    Hmm...it seems like Acier Aluminium is quite rare in the US. It also appears that nearly all internet stores I visit are all "out of stock". The only place that I see that carries it is Ebay, and I'm extreamly *cautious* on purchasing scents on Ebay (especially Creeds).

Would you know a place that carries it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badaim
    Hmm...it seems like Acier Aluminium is quite rare in the US. It also appears that nearly all internet stores I visit are all "out of stock". The only place that I see that carries it is Ebay, and I'm extreamly *cautious* on purchasing scents on Ebay (especially Creeds).

They currently have it in stock at Perfumebay.com...for $98. You can use coupon code "CREED" for 10% off.

Good luck!

Kim

Post Thanks / Like

The Perfume House in Portland, OR stocks AA. www.theperfumehouse.com. Best to phone them with an order rather than using the website, I think. I'm sure they will happily drop a handful of samples in with your order.

I've never been able to get behind AA. It always seems kind of jumbled to me, with nothing standing out. I agree that BdG is great. I don't think many people would choose it for daily wear. REL is in a class by itself and I agree that you should definitely try that one--I think it could be worn, in moderation, as an everyday scent. Epicea is nice and bracing for cooler weather, and I think Vetiver (1948) is great for cool, damp weather but would seem a little odd in actual snow. Cypres Musc is very nice though I've had longevity issues when I've tried it. Santal Imperial and Ambre Cannelle are also worth trying. AC is not especially complex but could work wonders for the right person.

Most of the newer Creeds besides MI don't do much for me, and Original Santal is odious in a way I would have thought beyond Creed's ability to create.

Neroli Sauvage; Epicea; Acier Aluminium; Millesime Imperial; Himalaya; Green Irish Tweed; Tabarome (old or new)

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badaim

Neiman's has it in San Francisco; they should have it in Houston for sure.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the info, guys! I will check those out!

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB
    Neiman's has it in San Francisco; they should have it in Houston for sure.
    Huh. Last time I went, I could have sworn that they didn't have it...

...then again, I probably missed it in the two dozen bottles of different Creeds!

LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Try Orange Spice - a rarely talked about Creed classic.
    -

Tabarome or Royal scottish lavender would make excellent winter scents. They are a little heavy and spicier.

Post Thanks / Like

It is a great myth of this board that Bois du Portugal is too formal a fragrance. I can wear it anytime (jeans and a nice shirt) as long as the weather is mild (<25 C).

Royal English Leather and Vintage Tabarome on the other hand... now there are some FORMAL fragrances...

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Post Thanks / Like

I have an easy time with Royal English Leather as an informal fragrance. I think it dresses up or down with equal aplomb. I find I rarely reach for Bois du Portugal these days. Even when applied sparingly it seems to come on a little too strong for my liking.