Code of Conduct

Default Héritage EdT (Guerlain) - Good for younger guys?

Are there any "younger" guys out there (don't want to discriminate anybody here) that have made positive experiences wearing Héritage EdT (Guerlain)? I really love it, but I hesitate to wear it out at university (I'm 23). Furthermore I'd appreciate the opinion of "older" (than me) members who are into Héritage and who could make a statement about its use. Thanks in anticipation.

Default Re: Héritage EdT (Guerlain) - Good for younger guys?

Hey DesGrieux,

I'm own Heritage and I'm only 21! I like it, but I don't, but I do. My opinion of this one has changed many many times over the months I've had it and to this day, I still have no solid opinion about it. I've only worn it out a few times. Usually to formal dinners or to go high end shopping. I like the scent but there's this weird stuffy note in the beginning that I just can't get past. It reminds me of... playdough or dust or something like that. Once it starts drying down, it becomes quite nice.

I'd say it's more of a mature scent but if you can rock it, go for it. I feel most comfortable wearing this in formal situations. Otherwise, not at all.

Sometimes I wear it to sleep.

Wear whatever you like, always. As Luca Turin said: "A perfume should be right for the man, not the job."

There are only two ways to screw this one up: if you put too much on, or if the rest of you is less evolved than the fragrance. It's potent so two or three sprays should work. I think people of all kinds will be compelled by the way you smell. It puts out beautiful sillage with a distinct air of power and aristocracy.
    Last edited by pluran; 19th October 2006 at 07:07 PM.

nearfantastica

I am currently awaiting a bottle of Heritage in a swap. I love this fragrance... I truly truly love this fragrance. I am 29 years old, so I am not quite sure where I fit on the "young" to "old" spectrum.

It has the "Guerlain" character to it.. the one that makes many of them a little too formal, powdery for my liking.... but much like L'instant, it has a virbrance that is spell-binding. Not to give the impression that it is the most exciting fragrance on the planet, but is certainly not a scent that should be reserved only for the 40+ crowd..

Though it has a playfulness about it, I wouldn't be at ease wearing this with jeans and t-shirt. That being said, a three piece suit isn't needed to carry this one off. A touch of elegance, serious with a sly wink. Don't hesitate. Enjoy Heritage.. now.

a.

Quote Originally Posted by DesGrieux
    Are there any "younger" guys out there (don't want to discriminate anybody here) that have made positive experiences wearing Héritage EdT (Guerlain)? I really love it, but I hesitate to wear it out at university (I'm 23). Furthermore I'd appreciate the opinion of "older" (than me) members who are into Héritage and who could make a statement about its use. Thanks in anticipation.
    I say if you love it, wear it. It's that simple.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

Quote Originally Posted by nearfantastica
    I am 29 years old, so I am not quite sure where I fit on the "young" to "old" spectrum.
    I sympathize, being in the late twenties myself. College students are starting to seem young. Consider: soon people born in the 1990s will be attending universities. (I'm sure a few already are.)

But, ahem, on the subject of Héritage, if I'm qualified to address it, it doesn't seem to me so different from, say, Envy, apart from being more dry and tart. Due to my own psychological associations I think I would tend to wear Héritage (or Envy) with newer, nicer clothes rather than tee-shirts and jeans; but I'm not sure ordinary non-fragrance-obsessed people would sense dissonance either way.

It's rich and heady and opulent, with lots and lots of patchouli in the sillage. Not recommended for anyone -- younger or older -- who doesn't have the confidence to pull it off. It's definitely among my top twenty fragrances (and that's saying a lot!). Let's just hope that Guerlain doesn't do something stupid and yank it off the market (as they did the magnificent Derby).

Well, I don't really like it (because i'm not a patchouli fan...its not a badly blended scent) but I wounldn't be shy about wearing it if I did. I like Antaeus a lot and never hesitate to wear it out and about around campus. Some would argue it's suited to an older man in formal dress, but whatever.

I'm of the opinion that a fragrance smells like whoever is wearing it at the time.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Im 24. I love it! Its the most underrated Guerlain. If you like it wear it.

I don't find it particularly heavy on the patchouli, otherwise I wouldn't like it! I think a subtle application on a younger guy would give out a signal that you have some substance, which you may want at certain times but possibly not all the time.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews