Code of Conduct

Default Bois du Portugal

I'm wearing today as my SOTD Creed Bois du Portugal which I haven't worn in several weeks, although this is one of my top five scents so far.

The strange thing is that I'm detecting something that I have never smelled in this fragrance before: it's a subtle smoky, leather-like note... I'm very confused since I've worn BdP countlessly and never noticed this.

Anyone else out there perhaps experienced the same?
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Default Re: Bois du Portugal

No, although there is a touch of leather-iness in the "dry down" for me.
    I mostly notice the rich spices and brilliant citrus notes, with very few leather-y and no smoky notes to my nose.

Interesting, I've always found this to be a central aspect of BdP, what I mean is that scent of "spicy woods buring in an autumn bonfire" - which I guess might be what you perceive as smoky, and it is. Never though of leather myself, though I can see where you're coming from.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandalwood
    I'm wearing today as my SOTD Creed Bois du Portugal which I haven't worn in several weeks, although this is one of my top five scents so far.

The strange thing is that I'm detecting something that I have never smelled in this fragrance before: it's a subtle smoky, leather-like note... I'm very confused since I've worn BdP countlessly and never noticed this.

Anyone else out there perhaps experienced the same?
    Oh, Sandalwood! THANK you! I'm wearing BdP now for more than half an hour and yes: leather. Soft, smooth leather hidden down there. I know a DH who will be not amused at all to find out that his bottle has vanished

I will have to pay more attention to it the next time I wear BdP.