Code of Conduct

Default The real difference betwen the regular YSL Rive Gauche and the intense version

Hi,

I am really in love with YSL Rive Gauche and have tried the regular EDT. The thing is though I cannot find any samples or any stores that sells the intense version, except online. I've searched for the differences between the Intense and the regular and found some threads about this but I need a bit more detailed information. I think somebody said that the Intense version skips the stinging top notes of the regular Rive Gauche, which by the way is the only thing I don't like about the perfume. I think the top notes (anis?) are too synthetic smelling for the first 30 minutes but become heavenly after this.
    Is this difference correct to a certain extent? Also is the intense version more formal and 'old man' smelling than the regular EDT, or could it be worn just as casually if you spritz less (1-2 spritzes) by a young guy? And how about wearing the intense during the summer? I really like wearing the regular during summer too.

Please be as informative as possible so this can be the last Rive Gauche intense vs. regular thread

Thank you,

Default Re: The real difference betwen the regular YSL Rive Gauche and the intense version

The Intense version has more pronounced patchouli notes, and is a little "darker" than the regular Rive Gauche. (By the way, there's also Rive Gauche Light on the market -- I see it regularly at my local Marshall's.) If you like patchouli and just a bit more longevity, try the Intense. Someone had it with a BNIB price on eBay recently for $29.99 for a 2.5 oz. bottle.

Default Re: The real difference betwen the regular YSL Rive Gauche and the intense version

Yeah I've heard that it has a more pronounced Patchouli note, so is the harsh top notes of the regular rive gauche toned down in the intense or is it just the basenotes that are 'darker'?

The top notes aren't quite as sharp, no -- they're earthier, IMHO. I assume that those same top notes you're discussing in Rive Gauche (Original) are different in the Light version, but I wouldn't know (not having tried it).

Just got the intense version in a swap, truly fantastic stuff. I tried the "light" version at Marshall's last week and it was nice and crisp smelling. I've been thinking about purchasing that one.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Well the light version is nothing I am even remotely interested in, the original isn't that strong to begin with.

Everything is better about the intense version, if you like the scent that is.
    The bottle is fantastic ( not that cheap can thing the normal one has), the fragrance itself , well is more smooth.
    Don't expect a perfume or longer lasting version, cause it isn't.

They never should have made two differend versions in my opinion, and should have the intense as the original one.

Thanks for your replies guys, I'm still not sure about ordering the intense version. Is it wearable during summer too? I've had no problem wearing the regular Rive Gauche during summer, but I'm worried the intense will be too cloying. What do you say?