Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Name Ideas - Basenoters Mindpower and Expertise would be much appreciated!

Hello Basenoters,

I have been struggling for a while in finding an appropriate name for one of my perfume collections. As some of you know, my line of fragrances is rather large, and I thought it would be nice to split the scents into lines. One line is my Soliflores, which I already picked a name for, another is of perfumes that are sort of "Autobiographical" (also have a name for that already).

The one line I can't find a name for is the collection/line that is more on the masculine side. Most of my perfumes have a somewhat political name - Democracy, Arsenal, Sabotage, Rebelliuos...
    I would like to come up with a witty name that suggests the masculinity of the collection, but more importantly - something of the revolutionary/politically concious (no political orientation though), wordly, etc. Something slightly humorous would be even better.

Your creative wit and fantastic ideas are much appreciated!

Thanks!

Ayala
    Last edited by Ayala; 22nd October 2006 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Accuracy
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Default Re: Name Ideas - Basenoters Mindpower and Expertise would be much appreciated!

Percentage?

Default Re: Name Ideas - Basenoters Mindpower and Expertise would be much appreciated!

"Uprising"

What happens when the people decide to take action against the gov't
    Also what happens when guys get aroused. Double meaning!

"Renegade"

"Dissenter" or perhaps "Diss(c)enter" [wordplay in the middle]

"Rebel Without a Cause" [with the "out" in "Without" crossed out]

"¿Authority" or "?Authority"
    Last edited by zeram1; 22nd October 2006 at 02:31 AM.
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

Coup. Or Putsch.

What's In It For Me?

No, seriously, that IS a suggestion.

Thrax

Revolutionary Ideas
    or
    Retribution

Obstinance Over Abstinence

I'll leave it's meaning to your imagination!

Basenotes Plus

Propaganda
    Current top 5:
    1. MDCI Chypre Palatin
    2. Guerlain Arsene Lupin (Dandy)

3. Roja Dove Enigma Parfum Pour Homme
    4. Roja Dove Vetiver Extrait
    5. Puredistance Black

Anarchy
    Election
    Impeachment

Wilful Elevation

Gymnopaedia
    Last edited by Trebor; 22nd October 2006 at 02:23 AM.

(La) Révolution

Vive (or Viva)

Guillotine (Might be cool in a dark, Goth kinda way. I mean, there's already an "Arsenal" or two -- or three -- out there.)

République

Pravda

Someone else already mentioned "Uprising," but I have to second that one. I a) like it itself, and b) really like the none-too-subtle double entendre, to boot.

"Idee' du L'Homme"

"Ideologie"

Che.

No bigger world-known hero of the idea of revolution than Che Guevara, and also the name of a scent.

"Uprising" is cute and funny; cheers LushLife!

To toss out some more words:

incendiary
    force
    insurgent
    rebellion
    vigilante

Le Resistance

Independance!

The names of your frags are all tools (other than Arbitrary) used to gain independance.
    Last edited by rompip; 22nd October 2006 at 09:52 AM.

Detente -a relaxing of tensions between nations
    by negotiations.

Hard Line -which could have its counterpart, the soft line

The name also depends on the type of fragrance that you are creating - for example, something like Vintage Tabarome would sound weird with a name like "Angel Men". Can you give us the descriptions of the compositions ?
    -

Audacity Tactic

I.
    The post is too short without, but the message is long as you dream it.

Thank you so much, you guys are so creative and funny. I knew there would be something to read when I come back! Keep them coming, please?

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    The name also depends on the type of fragrance that you are creating - for example, something like Vintage Tabarome would sound weird with a name like "Angel Men". Can you give us the descriptions of the compositions ?
    The scents already exist, and all the descriptions are on my website. Here are the key ones that will be included in the "political" and "masculine" line you can find more under this link though:

http://ayalamoriel.com/perfumes.cfm?view=CATA&cata_id=2

Arsenal
    Add an array of unusual, cutting edge notes to your Arsenal: gin and tonic on a sexy base of skin-like musk. Carry it in a flask for a rejuvenating sip after a long day in the battle field or to get rid of a morning hangover.
    Top notes: Juniper Berry, Lime, Green Lemon
    Heart notes: Bayberry, Lemon Leaf
    Base notes: Cognac Absolute, Ambrette

ArbitRary
    A very masculine fragrance, fresh and daring. Citrus fruit and exotic grasses and mosses create a sexy, fresh and green perfume, with a hint of fruity aroma. Delicious and refreshing especially in the summer, this is enjoyed by men and woman alike – so watch your bottle or it will run out before you know it!
    Top notes: Lime, Sweet Basil, Bergamot
    Heart notes: Lemongrass, Jasmine, Lemon Verbena
    Base notes: Hay absolute, Oak moss, Patchouli

Democracy
    An original fragrance for men. This is a combination of an ambery oriental base with the freshness every man likes. A long lasting, sensual and powerful perfume, that leaves a bold yet tender and warm impression.
    Top notes: Bergamot, Juniper Berry, Orange
    Heart notes: Rose Otto, Litsea Cubeba, Lavender Absolute
    Base notes: Labdanum, Oak moss, Patchouli

Rebellious
    A daring oriental for men. It has an extreme individuality, full of contradictions and surprises: inviting you in with the pungent and fresh notes of juniper berries, lime and lavender, Rebellius pulls you into a luscious current of tropical fruity notes of Red Champaca blossoms from India, and green, balsamic sweetness of Rhododendron from the Himalayas, and do not fade before leading you to the final, most mysterious part of the adventure: A chocolate-like accord of tobacco and vanilla, deeply infused with the daring musk notes of cumin seeds.
    Top notes: Lime, Juniper Berry
    Heart notes: Champaca, Rhododendron
    Base notes: Tobacco, Vanilla, Musk and leather notes

Sabotage
    The masculine scent of Tobacco Blond underlines the clean, fresh aromas of citrus leaves and clean, woody vetiver notes. Sabotage is at the same time stable and grounded, yet unmistakably unique.
    To notes: Green Pepper, Lemon, Bergamot
    Heart notes: Allspice, Lemon Leaf, Orange Flower Water Absolute
    Base notes: Tobacco Blond, Vetive, Tonka Bean
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Tyrant
    L'etat, c'est moi
    Radical
    Upheaval

Revolutions.

Sorry, firstly I misunderstood what you ask for. But now for me the answer is obvious:

Front Line.

It has the meaning of the fight, the bravery, the men who fight for something noble in the very first row. And, also, the line means the series of things - the scents in this case.

Being an intellectual historian I'd go with something that represents the political in a more general, conceptual way.

Agora - the place where the (male, of course) citizens meet and debate

Virtù - Machiavelli's conception of the "political energy" required of a republican citizen, also meaning male virility of course.

Zoon politikon / Homo politicus - man, the political/sociable animal

Leviathan - Thomas Hobbes moniker for the State - more of a perfume than a line name though.

Or how about: Droits des Homme - Rights of Man, that's a classic political concept, subsumes various principles (the individual scents) and obviously plays on masculinity. Could also do "Rites of Man", to play with the concept. I think I like that one best.

This is fun. Well, I was going to go into advertising once
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Dear Ayala,
    indeed nice thread! It's so stimulating to be audited from you!
    About the name, I pictured out something related to military or political and honour. Moreover I thought to something recalling not a single entity but a group. So "Légion d'Odeurs" is what came to my mind.
    First of all it recalls the concept of a group, a legion among which chose day by day the best partner for fighting the battles of life.
    Second it recalls also something with which awarding ourself, something not frou-frou but more authentic, solid, rigourous, even masculine. That's why I preferred to use "Odeurs" instead of perfumes, a word that is authentic, direct to the essence.

Testosterone. (mostly masculine but women have a little, too.)

From the names of the perfumes it seems you are trying to cover a range of masculine attitudes.
    How about-

Manifesto

(Homme Sauvage?
    Potential Energy?)
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Provocation & Retribution

Bravura (or Bravure)

Valour

Adrenalin

Specimens of Brotherhood

Bandeau Rouge (red blindfold - in relation to spilt blood, executions and loss of 'innocence')