Code of Conduct

Default What do you have more of: bottles or decants and samples?

The fragnance world is quickly become a part of my life. I started off purchasing a couple of bottles. Then I moved onto decants and samples. I have so many scent I need to test that I can't buy anymore for while. Personally, I like how scent can match the image I percieve myself and how other see me. I also like how a scent can create a image that people can see (or smell) me. It is a neat hobby and very addicting. I can't buy no more scent. Just will test the ones I have and write reviews.

Default Re: What do you have more of: bottles or decants and samples?

Bottles or they don't appear in my wardrobe. I have a few samples and about 3 decants. That's it.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Thumbs up Re: What do you have more of: bottles or decants and samples?

Quote Originally Posted by aubrgene
    Bottles or they don't appear in my wardrobe.
    Same here.

About even currently, roughly 100 bottles and just a many decants/samples. I've slowed down on buying, since I have so much to "work" through. Only will consider irresistibly low-priced deals. Otherwise I'm planning to get more into decant swapping.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I'd say my bottle:decant/sample is about 1:1 but my samples is slowly increasing as I like to go on 'sample runs' with friends at the mall and compete to see who can amass more samples by the end of the day haha My highest number is 16

I'd have to count my samples to know for sure. It's pretty close between bottles and samples. Both in the 40s.

My first decant is actually in the mail now.

I'm starting to look for useful things to do with samples of things I've considered but decided against (or even gone on and bought, making the sample vial redundant). So far I've come up with using them as 'sweeteners' in deals with other basenoters. I've also been known to use them to amuse guests who are also into perfumery.

I would say that I'm currently about 1 to 1 bottles to decants but if I had to do it over again I would go much more toward decants. I've come to the conclusion that decants just don't get the respect they deserve. I have a relatively modest collection of bottles, 12, but even with this modest collection the chance that I'll be able to use up all this juice before it gets stale (5 or 6 years), is about zero, even it I don't expand my collection (highly unlikely). I figure best case I may be able to use up about 50%, more likely about 33%. The people with bigger collections are in even worse shape.

So heading into the future I plan to move my collection much more to decants, maybe 3 or 4 decants to every bottle. There are 5 or 6 fragrances which I use enough to get bottles but beyond that 5 to 10ml is more then enough. To me one of the joys of fragrances is playing around and experimenting with the different fragrances. Decants give me the opportunity to do that at a modest cost.

I have 25 small vials and about 45 bottles now.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

More bottles,only a small collection samples and descants

I have a huge collection of samples and a large amount of decants. Both, alone, outmatch the bottles in number. I don't know about the difference in mls though. I have 19 bottles so far and around 100 samples and decants.

Thrax

Bottles for sure!