Code of Conduct

Default Boss Bottled a lustmaker?

I'd read this juice an a habit of making women go weak in the knees. I didn't pick up this one based on that. Hey, I'm married. But it's lots of fun to make one's wife go feral with desire.

When I first applied Boss #6. Boss by Hugo Boss. Boss Bottled. Whatever the hell they call it these days. Does seem to me that Boss by Hugo Boss is the proper moniker for it. But I digress.

I thought the stuff smelled a lot like musty sweaty feet. Not a noxious stink. Just a musty odor. Not to be confused with musky. I really don't know how to describe it. It's not powdery, but it's not really musky either. It's fresh yet not. Clean but not quite. I chose this one for its Basenotes members seeming "Boss of Choice" of the otherwise lukewarm line presented on this boards and forums. This stuff is magic.

I fully expected a very lukewarm and melancholic response to this. She's very picky about what she likes on me and if it's not Cool Water/Armani Code sort of frags she's not happy. This one isn't heavy bodied, but it does certainly have an aura. She couldn't stop nuzzling and kissing all overy my neck as she moaned and sniffed deeply. Suffice to say, it got her motor runnin' baby.

She begged to know what it was I was wearing and after I told her she wanted to hold the bottle. Sniff it. She even faked about to spray it on herself and compromised for a spraying to the pillow she lay upon.

So if you were in my position you'd like the stuff for it's effect and the mystery of the stuff. Single guys out there listen up. If you want to get laid (not that I necessarily condone the practice of abusing a cologne that demands your attention) give this mass market gem a try. It's not common despite all I've said. Just give it a try and see how it goes. Did I mention it'll get you laid?

Unhappy Re: Boss Bottled a lustmaker?

Quote Originally Posted by FragranceFan255
    So if you were in my position you'd like the stuff for it's effect and the mystery of the stuff. Single guys out there listen up. If you want to get laid (not that I necessarily condone the practice of abusing a cologne that demands your attention) give this mass market gem a try. It's not common despite all I've said. Just give it a try and see how it goes. Did I mention it'll get you laid?
    aw gee, where were you when Davido needed you?

Default Re: Boss Bottled a lustmaker?

My brother swears by the stuff for the same reason.

I'll stick to Kouros thanks.

Hm, maybe it's all that vanilla?

Why So Serious?

Wink Re: Boss Bottled a lustmaker?

This was one of my very first colognes back in high school. I bought this one when it first came out. I admit i used this one with the purpose of getting laid back then, i think it was kinda lame recalling that past. I also had the typical high school colognes such as Polo Sport, Adidas Moves and ADG at the time, but i used Boss Bottled to separate myself from the rest, impressive i even thought of that back then lol. But honestly, i did not get laid, i mean why would i get laid by just wearing cologne. I was naive back then, and so was every other guy. And the worst part was that the term "trigger-friendly" was almost non-existent. Of course, 'getting laid' has much more complexity than simply dabing scented water on the skin. However, i did get quite a bit of positive feedbacks on this cologne, and it somewhat boosted my confidence overall. The compliments were bigger factors in changing my mentality and perspectives of why i should wear fragrance - to feel good about myself and to gain confidence, in turn, seemed to be a brighter accomplishment than getting laid. And just like that, my positive outlook was feeding on those positive feedbacks. The psychological aspect of it has affected me much more than its design. To this day, i have 20% of my old Boss Bottled still laying around in my wardrobe, i take it out occasionally just for memory's sake. I do have a long term girlfriend, though i think even without a fragrance wardrobe i'd get laid with no problems . But, i do take into account the way these smellies change my emotions drastically. It seems they affect everyone's emotions one way or another, sexually or not, at least people would remember you as 'that guy' that always smelled good.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Creed Spice & Wood
    5. Bond 9 Harrods Oud

Yes, I agree with you.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Girls seem to love this one but it becomes very, very cloying to me so it's hard for me to wear. Shame

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX
    This was one of my very first colognes back in high school. I bought this one when it first came out. I admit i used this one with the purpose of getting laid back then, i think it was kinda lame recalling that past. I also had the typical high school colognes such as Polo Sport, Adidas Moves and ADG at the time, but i used Boss Bottled to separate myself from the rest, impressive i even thought of that back then lol. But honestly, i did not get laid, i mean why would i get laid by just wearing cologne. I was naive back then, and so was every other guy. And the worst part was that the term "trigger-friendly" was almost non-existent. Of course, 'getting laid' has much more complexity than simply dabing scented water on the skin. However, i did get quite a bit of positive feedbacks on this cologne, and it somewhat boosted my confidence overall. The compliments were bigger factors in changing my mentality and perspectives of why i should wear fragrance - to feel good about myself and to gain confidence, in turn, seemed to be a brighter accomplishment than getting laid. And just like that, my positive outlook was feeding on those positive feedbacks. The psychological aspect of it has affected me much more than its design. To this day, i have 20% of my old Boss Bottled still laying around in my wardrobe, i take it out occasionally just for memory's sake. I do have a long term girlfriend, though i think even without a fragrance wardrobe i'd get laid with no problems . But, i do take into account the way these smellies change my emotions drastically. It seems they affect everyone's emotions one way or another, sexually or not, at least people would remember you as 'that guy' that always smelled good.
    holy crap... you just described ME at highschool! I had the same colognes too!! :P

"I thought the stuff smelled a lot like musty sweaty feet"

LOL, I never had that impression, I always thought it smelled like vanilla & apples.

Have you tried Penhaligon's Endymion? It's similar but more smooth and richer = better imo.

Just a shout out to any that feel the compulsion to address my 'getting laid' statement. Relax. Tis ok. I acquired this frag as a collector hoping to find something interesting and new. I did, but not as I was expecting. Just a public service message tagged on. Thankey.

Quote Originally Posted by phibess
    "I thought the stuff smelled a lot like musty sweaty feet"

LOL, I never had that impression, I always thought it smelled like vanilla & apples.

Have you tried Penhaligon's Endymion? It's similar but more smooth and richer = better imo.
    Thanks for the tip on Endymion. I've heard about it. One of the top choices in the Penhaligon line and whatnot. I received some samples from them a good while back and wasn't impressed at all. Quercus was an utter clone of Chrome. LP No. 9 was a headache inducing swarm of buzzing spices going in every direction. Castille was the nicest of the bunch. Warm citrus that dried down to a very similar smell as The Dreamer. English Fern may be touted as a premier example of the fougere family. I tout that it is a premier stinker.

But this Endymion I will have to find a way to try.