Code of Conduct

Thumbs down Acqua di Gio 10th Anniversary Edition for $150?

I read that Giorgio Armani is coming out with a new 10th Anniversary Edition bottle of that ol' Basenotes whipping boy known as Acqua di Gio. The bottle has Giorgio Armani's signature etched into it.

But what struck me about it was the $150 (US) price tag. Who in their right mind would pay $150 for something as common as Acqua di Gio? Especially when you could get a Bond No. 9 or a Creed or (fill in the blank with your fave niche scent) for only slightly more or the same price.

I just don't get it.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: Acqua di Gio 10th Anniversary Edition for $150?

For $150, that AdG better be an 8.4 oz. bottle because Armani's signature certainly isn't worth the price hike IMO.

Here in Canada the 10th Anniversaty Edition is a 200mL for $139, and there is apparently a 400mL splash bottle that will be $190.

Why would anyone pay full retail price for a Kevin Federline (a.k.a. Mr. Brittany Spears) CD, when for the very same price they can instead buy, say a Beatles or Led Zeppelin one?
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zeram1
    Why would anyone pay full retail price for a Kevin Federline (a.k.a. Mr. Brittany Spears) CD, when for the very same price they can instead buy, say a Beatles or Led Zeppelin one?
    good question, man...

Quote Originally Posted by zeram1
    You know, it's really amazing how connections and marriages trump talent in today's music. I mean seriously... And the sad part is that it sometimes works.

Anyway, this AdG limited edition bottle better turn into a satellite t.v., parachute or a life raft during an emergency situation.

Although it's way overpriced, even for 200ml, I think Giorgo won't have any trouble selling every bottle... sadly enough, because you could indeed get almost any frag from any other house for that price.