Code of Conduct

Default Recommend me a scent for a party on Friday night!

As a lot of you guys know (because I've basically shouted it across the board quite some times), I'm new and my wardrobe consists of 3 scents:

Gucci Envy
    Guess Man
    Lacoste Style in Play

So, there's this party on Friday Night, where a LOT of people will attend, there will be quite some dancing and booze, so I think I'm going to break a sweat.

So the catch is, I need a scent that is distinguishable, that girls like, that has good sillage and projection; and my budget is 50 bucks =/

So, suggest away, fellow BNers!

Thanks a lot for all your help =)

Default Re: Recommend me a scent for a party on Friday night!

John Varvatos, Jaipur homme, Zino. Though your Envy would suit it fine if you ask me.
    Last edited by gimpy; 23rd October 2006 at 11:21 PM.

Givenchy Pi maybe

How about Angel for Men by Thierry Mugler, Armani Black Code, Chanel Allure Sport, L'Eau D'Issey, Escada Magnetism..

I was thinking of Givenchy Pi, Burberry Brit (although this isn't a party scent, I'd use envy isntead) and I dunno which else.

I wanted the Dreamer, but can't find it here =(

Edit: I read Armani Code did not project at all, so that would be a problem. And A*Men is like 70 bucks over here =/

Envy would work well. I wore that on my last party.

Quote Originally Posted by Juanamichi
    I was thinking of Givenchy Pi, Burberry Brit (although this isn't a party scent, I'd use envy isntead) and I dunno which else.

I wanted the Dreamer, but can't find it here =(

Edit: I read Armani Code did not project at all, so that would be a problem. And A*Men is like 70 bucks over here =/
    Damn, I only paid $50 bucks for my bottle of A*Men at Macys..and I know Armani Code projects well on me, I think all the body heat in the room will help it project, just spray on a little extra on the pulse points. Try out Allure Sport though. I've gotten compliments from just testing it at the department store a short time after I sprayed it, girls seem to like it.

I'd use Rochas Man.

Use your Envy. I find it great for partying!

At your age, some may be put off by Envy. I've had quite a few girls smell it and they said "old man," or "old spice." That is just smelling the bottle, though, but still. I second Chanel Allure Sport and Armani Code. Armani Code should last, and that are Allure Sport are very successful with ladies. But honestly.. I think Guess Man would work just fine. Go with maybe a little more than you're used to(but not RIGHT before the party, of course) if you want to.. make statement or stand out or something.
    Remember guys.. he's like 18 or 19.
    Also I can't vouch for this but the reviews seem too good: Magnetism?

Envy is a sexy scent but if you will be dancing or whatever then it might get really heavy and get all up in peoples noses in an offensive way. You don't want to go crazy with it if you wear it. I would suggest it though because it is a good social scent that people generally tend to like. I hope it works out for you. Let us know what you choose.

My go-to party scents are A*Men and Geir, which are both walking the line of your $50 price limit. You mentioned that A*Men is too expensive though and if that is so that Geir probably is as well. Other party scents that have worked well for me in the past are John Varvatos and Envy. I would say that what Genvy said about Envy can be pretty much disregarded because smelling the bottle means NOTHING. Besides, I have gotten generally very good female responses when wearing Envy. Other ideas... Body Kouros? Or if you're really bold, real Kouros? If you go aquatic and fresh, I'd take Bulgari Aqua over Allure Sport any day. Aqua has been awesome at parties also, though I tend not to wear it much these days because my tastes have changed. Good luck.

Comme des Garcons Sequoia
    "You have to paint things black if you want to make future possibilities more vivid."
    - Michel Foucault

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    Envy is a sexy scent but if you will be dancing or whatever then it might get really heavy and get all up in peoples noses in an offensive way. You don't want to go crazy with it if you wear it. I would suggest it though because it is a good social scent that people generally tend to like. I hope it works out for you. Let us know what you choose.
    Envyus is usually right, and he probably is this time too, but when you wear Envy you might as well go all out. 20 sprays produces some really beautiful sillage. Go nuts!

Costume National Scent Intense...its different, very long lasting, will definitely catch attention and can easily be found far below retail price.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

B*men by Thierry Mugler; The Dreamer by Versace; Pi by Givenchy

Rochas Man (loves it)
    Dolce&Gabbana

I haateteee envy. It's so old man, reminds me of my dad.

Out of your wardrobe I'd say Guess Man. It's not going to powerhouse its way through the mob like Envy but that's probably a good thing. I think if there's gonna be dancing, which is a pretty intimate activity, something more teasing for a closer sniff would be a better bet.

I'll go fragrance sniffing tomorrow, methinks. Most of my female friends LOVED envy, so that's a really good thing =)

But yeah; I haven't even fully worn Guess Man, I'll give it a go tomorrow, see it's longevity and sillage.

I might get Pi, or The Dreamer (only place I can find it is at 43 bucks though).

I might go hunting for A*Men, becauise it seems like THE party cologne.

I wonder Giraffe, how much do your bottles usually last? It would seem to me that 20 sprays is overkill.

I'll be sure to check out Rochas Man guys! =D

My bottles last a while because I have so many decants. Those, unfortunately, don't last very long. I don't use 20 sprays of all of my scents, I just think Envy wears particularly well when overapplied. Btw, I have worn it like that to a dance and gotten good responses. I think it is really annoying when people start shouting old man at a fragrance. A much better argument imo would be to say that a frag smells dated to you. Envy doesn't smell cutting edge but it certainly doesn't smell dated either.

And as for Rochas Man, while it is different from A*men, they are still both gourmands with a strong chocolate note so for someone with limited funds it might not be worth owning both. A*Men is miles ahead of Rochas Man, btw.

Starting from square one again, I'm surprised that noone metioned Lolita Lempicka. That is a fun, easy to like party scent for sure, and can be had for a good price at that.

I disagree with the people who have said that you don't want a strong fragrance at a dance. It is good to have a strong, long lasting frag because people generally sweat a ton while dancing and also there are a lot of smells to compete with. Lasting power is key because parties can sometimes go very very late into the night.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giraffe
    Starting from square one again, I'm surprised that noone metioned Lolita Lempicka. That is a fun, easy to like party scent for sure, and can be had for a good price at that.
    LOL I was actually going to reccomend this one, but I thought I'd sound like a broken record. It seems like I recommend Lolita Lempicka & Bvlgari Black all the friggin' time nowadays. But I love 'em!!!

Another one that I don't think anyone has mentioned is Chrome. It may seem a bit mainstream, but I always get compliments on this one when I wear it out.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I'd say KC Reaction, Boss Bottled or LeMale. Reaction is super-popular and you have to watch the application of the Boss/LeMale (they might be too cloying if overdone). All three have gotten tons of compliments from girls round that age. Good luck!

Pleeeeeeaaaassssseeeeee dont forget to give Fahrenheit a try. It is a great party frag when you apply it liberally, but is very versatile and can be used at semi formal occassions and to work..